What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

opening RAM files

zarahlin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello. I'm a new iPad2 owner. I was wondering how I would open an audio file that is a RAM file. There is a website that I frequent that places their live streaming into a RAM audio file the next day so you can listen to their previously streamed videos. These will not open in the iPad Safari browser. I tried the iSWiFTER app, but this browser would not open the file either. These files are opened using Real Player on my MacBook, so how would I go about using my iPad to listen to these audio programs? I did use the search feature here, but couldn't find an answer for this question. Thanks for your help.

dlo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
zarahlin said:
Hello. I'm a new iPad2 owner. I was wondering how I would open an audio file that is a RAM file. There is a website that I frequent that places their live streaming into a RAM audio file the next day so you can listen to their previously streamed videos. These will not open in the iPad Safari browser. I tried the iSWiFTER app, but this browser would not open the file either. These files are opened using Real Player on my MacBook, so how would I go about using my iPad to listen to these audio programs? I did use the search feature here, but couldn't find an answer for this question. Thanks for your help.

I don't think RAM is supported by the iPad. It is a pretty old technology now. What site are you visiting that still uses that type of audio formats just out of curiosity? There maybe other alternatives that are available to you that are better.

Sent from my iPad 2 White 32GB WiFi using iPF

OP
Z

zarahlin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The website is: lionlamb.net
It is for the previously recorded messages that were livestream in RealPlayer. I would love to know if there are any alternatives for opening and playing these audio feeds. Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts