What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iswifter - another flash browser

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
freebirdforever

freebirdforever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
senshudo.tv
tawcat said:
I d/l iSwifter and did a test run on the Pogo Game site, it played a few games, but on another I was prompted to d/l Java. It appeared there was a Apple version, so I'm wondering if this Java d/l is specific for use with iSwifter?

Any thoughts or help on this?

Trying to figure out how I can get the Pogo games to play, my mom just got an iPad for her 86th birthday and she is really bummed cuz she can't play her Pogo!!!!!! You go mom!!!!!!

Thanks for any input.

I hardly use pogo anymore. You could see if there is a java style app and maybe they can run together.

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Any jailbreaker's able to buy this app? When I try to purchase I keep getting the "test user account (sandbox environment)" error.

tawcat

iPF Novice
Reaction score
tawcat said:
I d/l iSwifter and did a test run on the Pogo Game site, it played a few games, but on another I was prompted to d/l Java. It appeared there was a Apple version, so I'm wondering if this Java d/l is specific for use with iSwifter?

Trying to figure out how I can get the Pogo games to play, my mom just got an iPad for her 86th birthday and she is really bummed cuz she can't play her Pogo!!!!!! You go mom!!!!!!

Thanks for any input.

I hardly use pogo anymore. You could see if there is a java style app and maybe they can run together.

Freebird: iSwifter brings me to a Java d/l site, then asks if I want to d/l from the Apple site. When I click the link it brings me to an Apple site which offers a d/l of a Java version, when I click d/l it asks if I want to save the file, well where the heck do you save it to on the iPad and then how do you execute it?????

Sorry, but being this new to iPad, I am pretty dumb to the latter. Thanks for your input.

hey_moe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up. Out of all the other apps I have brought in the past to view flash none of them worked right, this is the first and only one that has worked correctly. For the ones who are complaining about the high cost of this app....if the high cost of a dollar breaks you....how can you afford the high cost of Internet service.

Last edited:

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
tawcat said:

Thanks for any input.

Freebird: iSwifter brings me to a Java d/l site, then asks if I want to d/l from the Apple site. When I click the link it brings me to an Apple site which offers a d/l of a Java version, when I click d/l it asks if I want to save the file, well where the heck do you save it to on the iPad and then how do you execute it?????

Sorry, but being this new to iPad, I am pretty dumb to the latter. Thanks for your input.

Have you tried the "pogo games" in the app store. Comes with 6games for now and free.....but also comes with ads. Its only for the iphone but works on the ipad.

Last edited:

David79

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just got this, seems pretty cool and so far everything works great, just a question, how secure is this browser? Meaning I havent tried FB yet but I dont want to sign in lol just figured I would ask first.

OP
freebirdforever

freebirdforever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
senshudo.tv
David79 said:
I just got this, seems pretty cool and so far everything works great, just a question, how secure is this browser? Meaning I havent tried FB yet but I dont want to sign in lol just figured I would ask first.

Secure. -shrug- they aren't stealing info or anything like that

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Any jailbreaker's able to buy this app? When I try to purchase I keep getting the "test user account (sandbox environment)" error.

Works just fine. It's free by the way from the app store. I didn't have to pay.

Reaction score
Just got a popup stating if we upgrade to premium version (.99) 100% of the proceeds to to help the victims in the Japanese disaster

Support Our Troops!!
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.
You read it correctly, iPad and Tapatalk muhahaha! :D

David79

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ya I bought it, FB works fine, all games work just takes some getting used to, lil laggy but its the app not the ipad, but also my videos work on the sited that wouldnt, so now I can catch up on eps when not home =)

tnbug

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does iSwifter work when browsing web sites that require flash, like some chat rooms?

Thanks a lot.

David79

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I havent tried using chat with it yet, but so far I have had no issues using it, just a lil slow some times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts