What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

issues with sync apps

sillyshydq

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am having problems sync apps with my ipad each time I download an app on my ipad then I sync my ipad with itunes and using same apple id but once itunes finished sync the apps disappare (the new apps i installed using my ipad) running 10.6.3 and ios 5.1.1

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ok, hook up your iPad to your PC, once connected, click on your iPad under Devices ( in the left hand column). Then click on the Apps tab across the top. Make sure Sync Apps box at the top is checked, and the Automatically sync new apps is unchecked.

Before hitting Sync, make sure the apps you want have been checked. Hit Sync, and the missing apps will be put on the iPad. Going forward, the apps should stay on the iPad.

See if that helps, if there are still issues, we can check some things on the iPad side.

OP
S

sillyshydq

iPF Noob
Reaction score
nope that did not work for me. I tried reformating iOS with a new instal and set up as new ipad I also created a whole new itunes library.

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just reading up on this on the Apple Support Forum, and it's a known issue.

1 thing to check before getting more drastic, when connected to the PC, go to the Apps tab again, and see if the said apps are checked in the list. If other apps stay on the iPad, then for some odd reason the iTunes is not automatically checking those apps like it should. If not checked, check them and sync.

Most reactions

Latest posts