What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iSpot vs ClearSpot

takodude

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if I can use the ClearSpot to connect my Ipad to the internet? I know I can use the iSpot, but I wanted to find out if I could use the ClearSpot also since I also want to connect my laptop using the same hotspot device instead of having to buy 2 hotspots (ispot and clearspot). One of the Clear employees told me I could, and another told me I couldn't. So I'm a little confused. Thanks in advance.

theCLEARblog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, it's Cecile from CLEAR. To answer your question, the CLEAR Spot 4G or 4G+ can be used with ANY Wi-Fi enabled device, including iPads, laptops, iPods, smartphones, etc. The iSpot is limited to iOS devices and cannot connect to your other laptops. To be able to use with the most devices, I recommend the Clear Spot.

Hope that helps!

Cecile

Last edited by a moderator:

rolex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How many devices can connect to Clearspot at a given time? Does the bandwidth diminish every time a device connects?

LonghornGary

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use a clear spot with my Ipad, and my laptop and don't notice any significant drop with only these two devices connected.

theCLEARblog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Both the ClearSpot and the iSpot can connect to 8 devices. Details can be found on the "Clear" website... which I can't post the link to, but it ends in dot com. :)

Most reactions

Latest posts