1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Clear Ipsot & Ipad 2

Discussion in 'iPad 2 Forum' started by qnet, Mar 16, 2011.

1. qnet

qnet iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Do any of you use the Clear Ispot? and if you do, can you get it to work with the Ipad 2? I can connect to the Ispot but, when I try to browse a webpage, it keeps re-directing me to the Clear support site page. I tried updating the firmware, with no luck. The clear support is very unhelpful and do not have a clue.

It worked fine with my original Ipad.
  2. Luckout

Luckout iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Try to clear your cache in Settings>Safari. That's what worked for me when I first activated my iSpot. If you want to be thorough, clear your cookies as well. See if that works....
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2011
  3. qnet

qnet iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Yeah, that's the first thing I tried. I just spent a while on the phone with customer support. To make a long story short, my Imac will work with the Ispot but, the Ipad 2 will not. It directs me to a page saying that only devices like the Ipad etc..work, which is crazy because that's what I'm using.

The rep gave me a free month to work it out for myself or if they come up with a update. As I'm typing this I'm using the Ispot on my Imac, which isn't supposed to work. I have always heard that there were easy ways to hack the Ispot and that some Macs might be able to use it but, this is crazy.

So you have a Ipad 2 and it works? If you do then maybe I can figure this out.
  4. AppleDrinker

AppleDrinker iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  5. qnet

qnet iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I guess no one knows. This is frustrating and the clear people can't even help. I guess I' ll be canceling and selling it on eBay if I can't get it to work.
  6. Wolfpuppies3

Wolfpuppies3 iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10 / 1
    I just use my iPhone 4 as my

hotspot. Works with my MBP, works with my iPad as well. At the same time and I can host another three devices simultaneously.
  7. qnet

qnet iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    It works now. I tried updated the firmware and, it didn't work like the instructions. I then restarted the Ipad when setting up my Verizon service. I don't know which solved it, probably restarting the Ipad, which is simple and something I should have thought of.
  8. epb

epb iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0
    Thanks for the update, I was wondering if the iSpot would work with the new iPads (I use one now with my iPad 1).
  9. qnet

qnet iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I signed up for Verizon service because, I didn't think I'd be able to use the Ispot and, when I re-started the Ipad (to try and get Verizon to work) it worked. I had previously trade to install updated firmware but, it just froze and said it was updating and never did.