What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is upgrading to iOS5 worth a tethered jailbreak?

Macmee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What do you folks think. Would you rather be jailbroken on iOS 4 untethered, or jailbroken on iOS 5 tethered?

I know I can go back if I want, just want to see what everyone else says. I was really hoping Siri would be ported by now, which would convince me to upgrade to iOS5 in a jiffy.

Sonicrobby

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm a untethered freak, I refused to upgrade to anything unless there was an untethered jailbreak for it. But honestly, I've tried ios 5 and it is spectacular! There is no siri port for the iPad yet (nor a jailbreak for iPad 2 yet) I chose to upgrade and have a tethered jailbreak. Notification center is godly and the safari is much better in my opinion. I am very pleased with the ios5 tethered, I think you might be too.

HappyPelican

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I just jailbroke my iPad 1 literally about twenty minutes ago. I couldn't take handle losing my multi-touch gestures. I figure how often do I really reboot my iPad anyway. I'm not going to do much else with it for now though.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
^^^^^

What he said!

It's not so much that tethering would bother me - it's that my favorite tweaks aren't running on iOS 5 yet.

So, I'll wait..........

Marilyn

Bob Maxey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I am a firm believer in letting others suffer first, rather than join the march of the Lemmings as they excitedly jump over the edge of the north rim. No iOS 5 for this wonk, I'll tell you what. I'll let the brave souls gathered here kill their iPads first and discover the hidden problems Apple slipped into iOS to kill us lawless jailbreakers off. Smiley.

Bob Maxey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ooooooooohhhh Bob, you conspiracy theorist LOL

Not a theory. I read it on some web site, somewhere, some time ago. That Apple is up to no good, I'll tell you what. I

like your quote: "Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain ." Tis how I live my life. Soaking wet and always being arrested for public dancing.

Boomhauer

Poser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is 268 working tweaks with iOS 5.

44 other ones partially.

126 as NO.

But the 268 is good enough for me, although I didn't update to iOS 5 yet myself, hopefully this week.

Last edited:

verbalj

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'll never take the plunge on a tethered jailbreak simply because you never know when you have to reboot. You may not choose to reboot, but what happens if something locks up and you have to do a hard reset, especially if you're on the road (or vacation)?

With all that said, like some others have alluded to, I don't like jumping in right away, either in firmware updates or new jailbreaks. I like to see what bugs are reported first. Above all else, not every app out there right now is compatible with iOS 5 -- but that number is growing by the day.

Most reactions

Latest posts