What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is this normal?

triplesycs

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just purchased my iPad (three days ago). I absolutely love it! With that said, I think I may have a light leak problem. I was playing with the iPad in bed, when I noticed what looks like light leaking. It's not incredibly bad, but I still hate to have my new gorgeous iPad with a flaw in it.

I attached some pictures. Perhaps you can tell me if you've seen similar leaks of light on your iPad.

I would return it, but I purchased it at BestBuy. I HHAAATTTTEEE returns at BestBuy, because they look at me like I'm a) an idiot or b) a dude who's trying to break the system somehow. If it does turn out to be an issue, I'm going to just send it to Apple for warranty. :mad:

Thanks so much, all!!

Attachments

• IMG_2423.JPG
    IMG_2423.JPG
    84.2 KB · Views: 308
  • IMG_2425.JPG
    IMG_2425.JPG
    82.7 KB · Views: 275
  • IMG_2426.JPG
    IMG_2426.JPG
    76.7 KB · Views: 258
  • IMG_2428.JPG
    IMG_2428.JPG
    73 KB · Views: 263

j0yful

iPF Noob
Reaction score
welcome ! your picture is not so clear. but a light leak is not normal IMHO. if I were you, I'd ask for an exchange :)

OP
T

triplesycs

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You wouldn't believe how hard it is to take a picture of leaked light! It's in the bottom right of all the pictures, however. The screen, instead of being close-to-black, is yellowish. :/

Jake18oly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can see the light in the picture but it doesn't make sense. You would think a light leak would be a hardware issue but yet the light is visible in the bottom right corner in both the portrait and landscape pictures. Wouldn't it be in the top right of the screen in portrait position. Is it visible in any app with a dark background or is it just this one?

bookoffers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The image is unclear to me.

Maybe there was a problem on your iPad screen. Try to contact your nearest DigTech to have a short check up on that.

Sometime we do not know that we been using iPads to much. They are overused especially if our gadgets are new.

pik0

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.TheDailyMapper.com
Looks odd. Mine definitely does NOT do this.

Is it distracting enough at night that it precludes regular use? Is this beyond what you would consider reasonable? Then it's time to call Apple and see about a swap. Make sure your backups are regular and up to date.

Piko

OP
T

triplesycs

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can't take it any longer. I'll be exchanging the device tomorrow. It's not bad until you start watching movies or in a dark room. I mean, it's not a huge deal, but I don't like that fact that my new iPad is not built correctly.

Pllleasssse, wish me luck!

Most reactions

Latest posts