Is this normal?

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by triplesycs, Aug 31, 2010.

1. triplesycs

triplesycs iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I just purchased my iPad (three days ago). I absolutely love it! With that said, I think I may have a light leak problem. I was playing with the iPad in bed, when I noticed what looks like light leaking. It's not incredibly bad, but I still hate to have my new gorgeous iPad with a flaw in it.

I attached some pictures. Perhaps you can tell me if you've seen similar leaks of light on your iPad.

I would return it, but I purchased it at BestBuy. I HHAAATTTTEEE returns at BestBuy, because they look at me like I'm a) an idiot or b) a dude who's trying to break the system somehow. If it does turn out to be an issue, I'm going to just send it to Apple for warranty. :mad:

Thanks so much, all!!

Attached Files:

2. j0yful

j0yful iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22 / 0
    welcome ! your picture is not so clear. but a light leak is not normal IMHO. if I were you, I'd ask for an exchange :)

3. triplesycs

triplesycs iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You wouldn't believe how hard it is to take a picture of leaked light! It's in the bottom right of all the pictures, however. The screen, instead of being close-to-black, is yellowish. :/

4. j0yful

j0yful iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22 / 0
    take it back!

5. Jake18oly

Jake18oly iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I can see the light in the picture but it doesn't make sense. You would think a light leak would be a hardware issue but yet the light is visible in the bottom right corner in both the portrait and landscape pictures. Wouldn't it be in the top right of the screen in portrait position. Is it visible in any app with a dark background or is it just this one?

6. bookoffers

bookoffers iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The image is unclear to me.

Maybe there was a problem on your iPad screen. Try to contact your nearest DigTech to have a short check up on that.

Sometime we do not know that we been using iPads to much. They are overused especially if our gadgets are new.

7. pik0

pik0 iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Looks odd. Mine definitely does NOT do this.

Is it distracting enough at night that it precludes regular use? Is this beyond what you would consider reasonable? Then it's time to call Apple and see about a swap. Make sure your backups are regular and up to date.

Piko

8. triplesycs

triplesycs iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I can't take it any longer. I'll be exchanging the device tomorrow. It's not bad until you start watching movies or in a dark room. I mean, it's not a huge deal, but I don't like that fact that my new iPad is not built correctly.

Pllleasssse, wish me luck!