1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Is This In-car Transformer Applicable to iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by letsappleit, Jul 25, 2010.

1. letsappleit

letsappleit iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I asked for suggestions about In-car iPad charger on Apple.com and someone recommended this (http://www.tinydeal.com/rig8355-p-7375.html). The following is his/her description.
    I've registered here to ask if this one is eligible. I'm sorry the DC tension should be 24V.
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2010
  2. iPadCharlie

iPadCharlie iPad Super Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    The thing that really concerns me is that it says, "Input voltage range: DC 24V" and your car's "accessory plug" (we used to call them cigarette lighter plugs in the (cough) good old days) is only 12 volts. Personally, if it was me, I wouldn't use a $12.24 (which is about £8 at a today's rate) charger for my iPad even if the voltage looked correct.
  3. letsappleit

letsappleit iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thank you very much. And I wanna talk about the voltage only. I haven't use my car's DC power supply by far, and not paid attention to the exact voltage. So I wanna ask if there is no chance for a car to have a voltage besides DC 24V.
  4. iPadCharlie

iPadCharlie iPad Super Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    Well I guess the part I left out of my previous post was that almost all cars manufactured today, even European ones, run off of 12 volts and that is why I raised the question about using this charger. Ideally, you should look for something with a 12 volt input with a USB outlet that supplies at least 10 watts.
  5. Drag Bunt

Drag Bunt iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0

Attached Files:

6. letsappleit

letsappleit iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks again! I know what to do now.