What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is This a Problem?

jwed

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Something has changed on my iPad in the last couple of days and I don't know why. Whenever I close the lid (logitec folding keypad) and go away for a few minutes its completely frozen on the last page I had open when I get back. The only input it will accept is if you hold the home button down for 10 seconds or so which sends it to the access/login keypad screen.

Its never done this in all the years I've had it. Up till now, when I would close the folio and go away for a few minutes, upon returning and flipping open the keyboard the security keypad screen would be automatically right there. I would sign in, and then it would go back to the last page or app I was on.

No upgrades or new apps have been installed for months.

Can anyone tell me what might have caused this change in behaviour?

iPad
ver 11.4.1
model 1474

NSquirrel

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Have you tried a reset? This often clears problems.

Also is it always the same app that freezes?

OP
J

jwed

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It happens on everything. I'll do a full reset.

thx

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Does the problem still happen if you let the iPad fall asleep without closing the Logitech keyboard?

OP
J

jwed

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I haven't tried that. But I did a reset and it didn't help. In fact neither the Home button nor the on/off button could break the freeze from the internet page I left up before I closed the lid. I had to hold both the Home button and the on/off button at the same time before it finally shut down to a black screen. Then I pressed the on/off button again and it opened up to the security keypad page.

NSquirrel

iPF Novice
Reaction score
>> freeze from the internet page...

I assume the same happens in flight mode (wifi off)?

OP
J

jwed

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well...Isn't that interesting. I upgraded to 12.0.1 and the problem went away. Now that I think of it...It was when that notification to upgrade first appeared that this problem started.

Coincidence?

NSquirrel

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Glad to hear that the problem has gone away - one hopes, for good.

I had kept wondering whether to suggest 12.0.1, and checked that it runs on your build, but then stopped as I assumed you had your reasons for not installing it.

Most reactions

Latest posts