1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Is there a way to keep photo stream on, but not upload new pics?

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by Sonicrobby, Oct 21, 2012.

1. Sonicrobby

Sonicrobby iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0
    Simple, I want the pics on my iPhone to upload to photo stream, so I can view on my iPad, but I DON'T want photos taken my iPad uploading to photo stream. Is this possible? Or is it simply an all or nothing thing?
  2. joeyteel

joeyteel iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +16 / 0
    Depends on if you're running iOS 6 and whether or not you mind a little manual intervention.

If you turn off the photo stream but leave the shared streams enabled you can create a shared stream not actually shared with anyone and that will sync. It's a manual process though since you have to manually add photos to the shared stream that you want on both devices.

Another method (and the one I actually use) is I actually sync the photo stream folder on my computer via iTunes. It's not easy to setup if you are already syncing photos via iTunes, and you have to manually cleanup your folder or it will end up filling up your iPad if you're not careful :)

The setup I use only really works if you don't mind your stream being outdated every time you take pictures between syncs.
  3. Sonicrobby

Sonicrobby iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0
    I actually do like both solutions! Will try them both out to see which I prefer. Thanks for your help