What's new
Apple iPad Forum ๐ŸŽ

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is there a way to charge ipad from PC?

Nay Lin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good Day ๎—
I have noticed that iPad doesn't charge through PC though iPhone and iPod does. I'm curious to know, is there anything I can do to charge my iPad via PC. Should I need to buy additional accessory for that? ๎Š
Please advice and guide me as I'm totally new to this gadget ๎”

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nay Lin said:
Good Day ๎—
I have noticed that iPad doesn't charge through PC though iPhone and iPod does. I'm curious to know, is there anything I can do to charge my iPad via PC. Should I need to buy additional accessory for that? ๎Š
Please advice and guide me as I'm totally new to this gadget ๎”

It says that it isn't charging but it is actually trickle charging, for a quick charge you need to plug it into the mains charger but if you don't need a quick boost then the USB slot on your PC/mac will be fine.

The Archangel

Qdiddy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yea it will just take forever like Gabriel said it's charging just really slowwwwly!

rainman4tech

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad Charging

On the outside chance you have an Asus motherboard there is a program from Asus called Ai Charger. Google Ai Charger and you will find it, download, install and run. When you attach your iPad to your PC it will sync and charge (and tell you it is charging) at about the same rate as the wall wart.
Rainman

David79

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do you have a powered usb hub? if so that should be fine, mine works when I plug it in to sync using my powered hub,

applepeeler

iPF Noob
Reaction score
my iPad charges fine when I plug it into my iMac to sync. I hadn't noticed it charging any slower than when I plug into the mains

arbor53

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you have a gigabyte motherboard you can download a program/driver called on/off charge

applepeeler

iPF Noob
Reaction score
David79 said:
It only has that issue with pc's, macs will charge normal.

Duh!! silly me. In my defence I haven't slept since sat now Monday morning lol but quite right!!

tron

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is a simple solution to this. Due to the low power output of each USB port you should use a dual USB adaptor that draws power from two ports simultaneously.
Works like a charm :)

omiez

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have found this software from Asus that works with any windows computer.

event.asus.com/mb/2010/ai_charger/

Sorry for the link but I am new and can't post full links

ODB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the link bro just what I was looking for

Most reactions

Latest posts