What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is it possible to put Ipad 2,3 etc. logic board to Ipad 1 body?

Sbarro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello all! this may sound crazy, but occasionally I see damaged or broken Ipad 2s or 3s for sale on ebay for cheap. I have an old Ipad, can I put the inner parts of Ipad 2 to my Ipad 1? Thanks...

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello all! this may sound crazy, but occasionally I see damaged or broken Ipad 2s or 3s for sale on ebay for cheap. I have an old Ipad, can I put the inner parts of Ipad 2 to my Ipad 1? Thanks...
I'm afraid not. Only parts designed for the iPad 1 will fit the iPad 1 case.

OP
S

Sbarro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got this question because Ipad1 is much bulkier than others. It seems that it has much more space in it...

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I got this question because Ipad1 is much bulkier than others. It seems that it has much more space in it...
It does have more space, but the parts for each iPad generation are designed for compatibility only with other parts and the case for the same generation iPad.

OP
S

Sbarro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Okay I understand... thank you for response.

Most reactions

Latest posts