What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPhone X vs. iPhone 8

Knightoftheapp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hello. I would like everyone’s opinion.

I currently have an iPhone 6 Plus. I’m thinking about upgrading to an iPhone X. But, with a price tag of $1,100 when you include the tax I don’t know if it’s worth it. As an alternative, I might get an iPhone 8. But that’s an option B.

The bottom line is that I want to know what you think. Is the iPhone X worth the money? Or, should I get the iPhone 8? Most of the people that I’ve talked to like their 10, but I’ve also heard about problems with it when I do research on YouTube. I would be grateful for any thoughts you have on this subject. Thanks for your help.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello. I would like everyone’s opinion.

I currently have an iPhone 6 Plus. I’m thinking about upgrading to an iPhone X. But, with a price tag of $1,100 when you include the tax I don’t know if it’s worth it. As an alternative, I might get an iPhone 8. But that’s an option B.

The bottom line is that I want to know what you think. Is the iPhone X worth the money? Or, should I get the iPhone 8? Most of the people that I’ve talked to like their 10, but I’ve also heard about problems with it when I do research on YouTube. I would be grateful for any thoughts you have on this subject. Thanks for your help.
Do you mean the iPhone XS as the iPhone X has been discontinued.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Most bang for the buck right now is probably the iPhone XR. Most of the features of the XS and XS Max, but cheaper. Or so the reviews go. I’m pretty happy wiht my iPhone XS Max (upgraded from 7S Plus), but it was by no means cheap.

OP
Knightoftheapp

Knightoftheapp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Most bang for the buck right now is probably the iPhone XR. Most of the features of the XS and XS Max, but cheaper. Or so the reviews go. I’m pretty happy wiht my iPhone XS Max (upgraded from 7S Plus), but it was by no means cheap.

Thanks for you insight.

PrismStudios

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.prism-studios.org
I have an iPhone X and absolutely love the thing. Off topic but I’m still amazed by this... it was GIVEN to my by a customer at a show that just factory reset in front of me, and set it down on my table after I told him my old LG wouldn’t support a square reader for card sales! Only one phrase uttered “Here, take this, I’m upgrading anyhow”.Is it worth the cost if I had to actually pay for it? I still think so! I had NEVER had an Apple product until then, and currently count myself as a cultist now. Very intuitive interface btw. L

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have an iPhone X and absolutely love the thing. Off topic but I’m still amazed by this... it was GIVEN to my by a customer at a show that just factory reset in front of me, and set it down on my table after I told him my old LG wouldn’t support a square reader for card sales! Only one phrase uttered “Here, take this, I’m upgrading anyhow”.Is it worth the cost if I had to actually pay for it? I still think so! I had NEVER had an Apple product until then, and currently count myself as a cultist now. Very intuitive interface btw. L
The iPhone X was introduced only 18 months ago and is still very much a capable iPhone and worth purchasing if it's in good condition.

PrismStudios

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.prism-studios.org
This one is still under warranty until the end of this month,So pretty new, it was 5 months old when I got it..... after April, it’s insured, I repeat myself... I LOVE THIS THING. Hey, I wrote this reply on it. Haven’t played with the newer versions to see the differences. L

Most reactions

Latest posts