1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Iphone fourms and ipad fourms

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by sheils, May 6, 2012.

1. sheils

sheils iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm trying to get on the iPhone fourms but it keeps timing out. Error in connection. Not sure what's going on. Is iPad and iPhone fourms the same ?
  2. Gabriel1

Gabriel1 Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +747 / 0
    Www.iphoneforums.net is indeed our sister site, I just tried it and got straight on to the site.

The Archangel
  3. KevinJS

KevinJS Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +784 / 0
    I sometimes find both sites timing out if I refresh a page and pick up (or drop) a wifi connection. It seems if you start the process on 3G you have to finish it on 3G. Usually killing the app (or Safari) in the multitask bar sorts the problem out.

Occasionally, it doesn't. In a case like this I refresh Mail to force an Internet connection, and that usually does the trick.

Sent from my iPad 4 HD mini
  4. sheils

sheils iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Seems like I get that connection timed out but still let me see the threads now. And I double click for the task bar and use forum that way no problem. Don't know if that's the trick or not but seems to work I guess.
    Thanks for the info everyone.