Iphone and an Ipad - is that overkill

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by DazzyBee, Jun 5, 2011.

1. Anomalous

Anomalous
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Yes it is! When I set out to by a device like the this I was really looking for one basically as an eReader, nothing more. But most of those devices are limited and were just as expensive so I was like, what's the point? Just get the iPad and keep it in the family -- Apple that is ;)

Sent from my iPad 1 using iPF

2. col.bris

col.bris
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Perfect combination IPhone plus ipad wifi regardless of model.

3. info

info
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    I agree with col.bris that it is an almost perfect combination. I had the same question (I have an iTouch which I can do almost anything with), and didn't really want to complicate my life with yet another device. I'm certainly glad I did, though I am still in the initial stages of configuring it.

4. henry2

henry2
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    we use the iphone 4 in the family to keep intouch with through video call each other and i use the ipad as my main internet device when traveling at time's ..plus i love the large screen of the ipad to see things when i surfing the net and the phone is fine for video screen calling but not for seeing thing's on .

5. Mountainbikermark

Mountainbikermark
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    3+"screen of your phone vs 10" screen of the Ipad alone makes it worth it.
    I think I have the perfect combo. Android phone, Ipad tablet. What one won't do or have an app for the other will or has. Android kills ios in kid video apps , especially free ones, but kid games and books are more fun on a 10"screen.
    I can hotspot from the phone as well, just like an iPhone, making it an even sweeter combo for my usage.
    I have Splashtop and Team Viewer on each so I can readily bring my Windows desktop into the mix over wifi or 3g for heavy duty computing.

Support Our Troops!!
    This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from an Incredible phone

6. f4780y

f4780y
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    No. It's definitely not.

Now, 2 iPads, and 2 iPhones will probably be overkill when my iPad2 arrives soon! :D

7. kustard

kustard
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I have both an iPhone 4 and an iPad 2 64GB 3G and I think it's the perfect combination. I've got a laptop too but I hardly use that now, only when I fancy typing on a physical keyboard.

8. MR1

MR1
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I have both as well. The iPhone use has gone down slightly. What really gets neglected is my laptop. Still, all make sense to me.

9. info

info
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    lol!

10. zorah

zorah
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    I have both and echo the sentiments. I don't always have my iPad with me, so iPhone is great for quick on the fly portability.
    I use apps on both, Kindle is maybe the one I use the most in common, but the two also have different uses-like I would never do PDF annotations on my iPhone (even though I can). Games I use on both, but most of my main reading is on iPad, although I like having books on iPhone too just to always have on hand in a pinch. I take notes on iPad, something I don't do on iPhone, except a quick list in the Use Your Handwriting app. I do quick look-ups on iPhone if I'm out, but never use it to surf the internet if I'm at home-iPad takes the cake there hands down.
    In other words-having both is not a duplicate in the way people might think.