What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iCloud, iPad & iPhone

jweakley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is probably another dumb question that has already been answered, but I didn't know how to phrase the inquiry using "search." I have a number of iPad apps that are not duplicated on my 3gs iPhone. If I use iCloud, what happens to the syncing process, i.e., will I automatically purchase (or be charged for) the iPad apps that I have––but don't want on my iPhone?

Sent from my iPad using iPF

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
As long as you use the same Apple ID (iTunes account) on both devices any apps you copy between them will cost nothing.

Only some iPad apps (universal) are compatible with the iPhone. If they are not compatible, you won't be able to download them on the iPhone. Most iPhone apps can be downloaded on the iPad, though if they are not universal they will run in an emulated mode at half size, or pixel doubled.

Apple will never 'automatically' charges you for things. You always have to say OK, and enter your password; though if you make several purchases within 15 minutes you may only be asked the first time. Of course, you also have to do this for apps you've already purchased; so pay attention to where the price usually is. If it says Install or Download, you already own it and will not be charged.

nononana

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i am wandering what is icloud, i hear that this is a software to avoid your ipad being stolen, even if your ipad is atolen, you can still take measures to find it, is this true?

Most reactions