1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

iPhone 4G / iPhone HD

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by iDan, May 23, 2010.

1. iDan

iDan Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +93 / 2
    Anyone plan on upgrading to the next iPhone? Rumors suggest it could hit the streets next month.
  2. STEVEMS2305

STEVEMS2305 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Absolutely. Can't wait for the next generation Iphone.
  3. AngelSpeedfreak

AngelSpeedfreak iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Depending on price, yes. I did not upgrade from my 3G up to the 3GS because I didn't see enough reason. The 4g might just be faster and that is a good reason. I don't think I would spend $500+ though.
  4. iNugget

iNugget iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Do you think this will be for Verizon or At&t ? I'm hoping Verizon! Great coverage, great prices.
  5. GrendelPrime

GrendelPrime iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    My first gen iPhone has lost the ability to connect to WiFi, so I'll be looking at the next iPhone when it comes out.
    Due to another round of pay-cuts at work, I doubt I'll pick one up at launch, but I'll be following related stories in the meantime.
  6. NumbLock

NumbLock iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +32 / 0
    Yep. I'm there. I'm overdue for a free upgrade. Girlfriend gets the 3GS, I suppose.
    Last edited: May 25, 2010
  7. IpadOne

IpadOne iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I will be in from day one in Singapore (unlock Factory)

Attached Files:

8. NumbLock

NumbLock iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +32 / 0
    I also want to go on the record by predicting that it won't be called "iPhone 4G" and won't support 4G anyway.

From what we're hearing about the high resolution screen, I think "iPhone HD" is the best bet.

Front facing camera, high resolution display with IPS, new body, etc. - hot hot hot!
  9. Wolffmann34

Wolffmann34 iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I'll upgrade if there is a Verizon model available. Tired of crappy AT&T service.
  10. Superbike81

Superbike81 iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Yes, that's the reason I just got rid of my iPhone 3G the other day, got it day one of release here in Japan, and I loved the phone, but much like AT&T in the US, Softbank service here is terrible, randomly dropped calls, slow 3G speed, spotty reception in major areas, etc, etc. If another carrier had the iPhone 4G or whatever it's going to be called, I would consider it.
  11. col.bris

col.bris Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +458 / 0
    I will upgrade to new phone as soon as it is available best phones in the world for me.
  12. Matth3w

Matth3w iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Well I won't switch from Verizon. I appreciate the iDevices, and I would really love an iPhone to go with my iPad...however, I won't switch to crappy ATT just to get an iPhone. Hell, ATT doesn't even have 3G within 1.5 hrs of where I live. If you live outside of a major city, ATT is junk.

Instead, it looks like I will have to settle for an HTC Incredible...and don't get me wrong, the HTC DI looks super great...played with it in the store, feels great, the on screen keyboard that HTC has rivals the iPhone's.

I am not pulling the trigger on the HTC though until it is rooted with WiFi tether. I use my Moto Droid to WiFi tether for my iPad and get download speeds of 30+mb/s. Can't be without that. So hopefully a miracle will happen and by the time they root the DI, they will announce that the iPhone may come to Verizon.

It's been back and forth with supposed proof in either direction but no one really knows for sure. Should be announcing the new phone in June and we should know for sure by then.
  13. Jman09

Jman09 iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I currently have the Moto Droid also, but will probably switching from Verizon to AT&T in August and getting the new iPhone. AT&T service is good in my area and when I go to my girlfriend's grandma's house my phone doesn't get signal half the way there. And my girlfriend's iPhone gets service the whole time and full service when I only have 2 bars in some parts. My phone bill will also be 35 dollars cheaper with AT&T since everyone I talk to has AT&T and I won't need my big minute plan I have now.
  14. Alcoholicaust

Alcoholicaust iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm probably switching to an Evo. The price hike on the ETF fees on At&t smart phones is the straw that broke the camels back for me.

The Evo looks like a winner, and Sprint's rates are better than At&t's, and the Sprint service where I am is great. I'm on the outskirts of WiMax so hopefully when they expand that service I'll be in the blue.

Plus that mobile hotspot feature in Android 2.2 will be awesome to use with the iPad. I won't pay for the sprint version, but with all the different Android builds out there, I'm sure someone will port a stock 2.2 for the Evo that will have the hotspot feature activated.
  15. Jman09

Jman09 iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yeah Verizon ETFs are about the same as what ATT just went to. But I won't have to pay that much, thankfully since my contract was started before they changed the ETF price.
  16. petermillard

petermillard iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12 / 0
    Yes, I've budgeted for a new iPhone this year - I also skipped the 3Gs upgrade, and my contract happens to finish next month so I'm nicely placed to replace my 3G. I feel sorry for you guys with no choice of service provider - here in the UK we currently have three networks to choose from. One of the reasons I deliberately chose a different network for my iPad was so I could trial it over the next couple of months before having to decide re. the new iPhone; so far, so good.

Cheers, Pete.
  17. Yokoboji

Yokoboji iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I will be upgrading to the new iPhone.

It won't matter if it is 4g or not. Sprint 4g is only available in 25 major cities ... And since I live in an area that only has 2g service, 4g will most likely be out dated by the time 3G service arrives.
  18. MikesTooLz

MikesTooLz Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20 / 0
    Nope. I got rid of my iphone 3gs alreay and switched to a company that offers unlimited everything for $40/month. my iphone plan was $100.

besides now i have my ipad
  19. iNugget

iNugget iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Iv'e been wanting the iPhone, but I love Verizon, would never switch over, ever. I have a sister in-law that has been working with Verizon for over 10+ years, she is manager at an Orlando, Fl store. She told me that the iPhone is comming to Verizon in Mid to Late June. She wasn't kidding either. I'm not sure if it's also hitting At&t, but it's sure hitting Verizon!
  20. Matth3w

Matth3w iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Just a rumor. Sorry but it may be true but they certainly wouldn't tell some low level employee at store level about it. Sorry to burst your bubble.