What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPF app just crashes all the time...

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, so I used to use the app all the time, but I don't know if it is iOS 5, or whatever but the app just crashed all the time. No matter what I am doing, and no matter how much RAM I have.

Anyone else?
Its made me have to use safari because it is just so annoying to be in the middle of a post or something and it crashes.

(and I did search and look in this section but all I can find is stuff about the parse error)

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've had no problem (I'm at iOS 5.0.1). Have you tried the Forum Ruuner App, it has a free version and uses the same software. It may give some clues if that crashes as well (or even if it doesn't!).

The Archangel

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Nope, no problems this end!

Sent from my one and only original iPad using iPF

OP
graywolf

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad 1 guys, in case you didn't see my sig. :)

I can watch the ram just go down and down and down until it just crashes...... :(

I will look at the forum runner app.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It also happens on the Tapatalk app, Graywolf. I think it's just a price of having the iPad1, though, there could be a memory leak. Now that I think on it, if I access the forum via Safari, it'll crash sometimes also. So, it's probably not a memory leak (too many different apps crash). Probably just cause we have 1/2 the RAM as the newer devices.

The good news is that, if you are typing something in the forum while on Safari, the forum software does an Auto-Save every now and then (which it just did while I was typing this on my PC).

Trust me - I really appreciate that Auto-Save! So, on a side note, thanks to the forum developers for adding that...!!!

Sorry, graywolf, I've got no solution for you - but a lot of sympathy, cause I am there too.

Marilyn

OP
graywolf

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It also happens on the Tapatalk app, Graywolf. I think it's just a price of having the iPad1, though, there could be a memory leak. Now that I think on it, if I access the forum via Safari, it'll crash sometimes also. So, it's probably not a memory leak (too many different apps crash). Probably just cause we have 1/2 the RAM as the newer devices.

The good news is that, if you are typing something in the forum while on Safari, the forum software does an Auto-Save every now and then (which it just did while I was typing this on my PC).

Trust me - I really appreciate that Auto-Save! So, on a side note, thanks to the forum developers for adding that...!!!

Sorry, graywolf, I've got no solution for you - but a lot of sympathy, cause I am there too.

Marilyn

The weird thing is though, that safari has never crashed on me. Ever.
It's just the app. And I am very obsessive about my RAM, I only have a few tweaks and a theme going and there is no difference in my ram in other apps.

OP
graywolf

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, but the bullet and bought the forum runner app. And so far.... No crashes! :)

Most reactions

Latest posts