What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad's iPod icon not working?

gcomstock

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is the first problem I've been unable to solve during my long (two days) period of iPad ownership.

16gb wifi here...

When I click on the iPod icon all I get is a large symbol (a person surrounded by waves, or an upside down exclamation point with three circles emanating from the point?). Intuitively it seems to refer to wifi, but the wifi is working (I can still stream Pandora radio and search using the Safari browser) and the device sound still works.

Is this possibly a clue- my desktop computer crashed last night and I needed to do a system restore to 11/17 which required me to download and reinstall iTunes this morning. Re-synched and apparently all is good: I can certainly see all my iTunes info on my PC.

Can anyone tell me...wassup wit dat?

OP
G

gcomstock

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Doh! solved...

Turns out it mysterious cryptic icon...was actually an audiobook cover. I need to learn how to close media, but all I saw was the pause button, so that's what I did. Now I know that rather than "cover art" that icon is the generic symbol for audiobooks within iTunes. The "elegant" way in which controls are hidden is what fooled me. Play.fail.learn.

Persevere...

Most reactions

Latest posts