What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Laptop, new iPad, old iPod Touch...how do I synch iTunes

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Actually sorry it us a 2.5 " not 3.5. Caddy. I agree about having some do it should cost no more than 1 hour labor plus caddy for drive

What I suggest we do once we have resolved the issues is some one makes a step by step instructions with Picts and put in our QA area as many users have the same problem. We can list the commercial options pc and Mac for transfer if no back up exists This would be a great service for users and make it easier for them to resolve the problem

wytey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
giffgaff.com
col.bris said:
Actually sorry it us a 2.5 " not 3.5. Caddy. I agree about having some do it should cost no more than 1 hour labor plus caddy for drive

What I suggest we do once we have resolved the issues is some one makes a step by step instructions with Picts and put in our QA area as many users have the same problem. We can list the commercial options pc and Mac for transfer if no back up exists This would be a great service for users and make it easier for them to resolve the problem

Doh, yeah, i meant 2.5" be a huge laptop if it were to use a desktop 3.5" hard drive lol

ipfuser55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
wytey said:
What you require is a 3.5" hard drive caddy, most computer stores should sell them, especially the bigger companies.

Once you have the caddy, you then need to remove the hard drive from the broken laptop, put it in the caddy, then connect the caddy to the new laptop.

Once done, you need to locate the music, movies and any other files that you want and copy them over to the new laptop.

To be honest, i would suggest taking it to a computer store, and get them to do it for you,or someone you know that knows what they are doing, provided you don't have anything that you don't want anyone else to see. That way you can be sure that you won't lose anything and the files will be copied and put into the right directory on the new laptop, so that once you get it back, you can just use it kike it was your old laptop.

As col.bris said, backing up regularly is recommended if you have files that you can not afford to lose.

It's a laptop? 2.5 inch caddy required I think:)

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions