What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad2 wifi 3g

Drenriza

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an MacBook Pro and a ipad2 and i would Like to know if it possible to share a wifi link between the Mac and my ipad2

Example share my ipad2 3G link or just a direct wifi link for Lan communication

Kind regards

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an MacBook Pro and a ipad2 and i would Like to know if it possible to share a wifi link between the Mac and my ipad2

Example share my ipad2 3G link or just a direct wifi link for Lan communication

Kind regards
What you are looking for is called Tethering .
Meaning You have a computer or a computerized device that has no mean to connect it self to a network ( No WiFi and no Cellular), and you have a phone or iPad with option to connect to the WEB.

So you make a galvanic ( Physical) connection between the two, and the Computer can get to the Web through the phone.

Lots of articals in that regard. just make a search for "Tethering"

here is an example:
IOS 4.2 Beta Adds Tethering to iPad | Gadget Lab | Wired.com

iPhone, iPad iOS 4.3 Adds MiFi, AirPlay, Tethering and More

sadib888

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Best Buy doesnt have any, neither does the Apple store or AT&T.

OP
D

Drenriza

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi peled.
I looked at your example, but i dont have that option on my ipad. Is their another way? to tether from my ipad2 to my mac.

Kind regards.

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi peled.
I looked at your example, but i dont have that option on my ipad. Is their another way? to tether from my ipad2 to my mac.

Kind regards.
right.
Seems like something that was on the 4.2 beta is not on the 4.3 any more.
Try reading this article, may you can get a clue.

Use Bluetooth to tether your iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad | Phones | iOS Central | Macworld

I use all the time my Nokia E71 as a tethering device for connecting Internet to my Lap-Top, when I am getting to meetings at places without Internet connection.
There should be a way of doing the same through the iPad's Bluetooth.
We need to play with it.

Let see if we have some smart pro's here that can come up with the proper setup.

Here is a qute from the mentioned artical:

"What you may not know is that the iOS 4.3 update adds Bluetooth tethering to every iPhone,
iPod touch, and iPad capable of running that latest release.
This lets any of those devices obtain an Internet connection from an iPhone with its sharing feature enabled.
(Yes, you can even connect one iPhone as a client to another acting as a server in this manner.)
It should also work with any computer, router, or mobile device that offers this kind of connection sharing over Bluetooth,
such as Mac OS X’s Internet Sharing feature. Many other mobile devices can also tether over Bluetooth, as well as Mac OS X and Windows systems."

Attachments

• 1p8-660x495.jpg
    1p8-660x495.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 572

Most reactions

Latest posts