What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Otterbox... Thought opinions???

Speedjester

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello I'm new to the forum.. Wife brought me a Ipad for Christmas and the apple case... Not real happy with the apple case.. And see that most here prefer the Otterbox defender.. But wondering what protects the screen if its bumped or falls... If the back bone cover(The part with the hing to hold the ipad up) supposed to pop on the front when not in use???... Does the mechanism to prop up the ipad touch the screen???...

I want something to give it good protection.. As the ipad will be traveling with me... And really want some protection for the screen

Thank you

Dannyboy85

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's awsome!! Also includes a snap cover to protect the screen and stand! Totally worth the money but as said before it is a bit bulky and takes a good 10min to remove from the case.

Pocobear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, the part that can be used as a stand can be snapped on the front to protect the screen while not in use. The part that rises to hold up the iPad will snap down and latch, so no it's not touching the screen. Yes, it's bulky but the silicone rubber of the case gives you a very secure hold on it while in use. The iPad and many of the other cases are very slick and I always feel like it's going too slip out of my hand. I also found that with the naked iPad or with one of the other slick cases, if I was using it in bed and laid it down beside me to get up, it would try to slide off the bed. Not with the Otter Box case, it stayed put.

Cons: The only bad things are, it's heavy and collects cat hair for a hobby.:)

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello I'm new to the forum.. Wife brought me a Ipad for Christmas and the apple case... Not real happy with the apple case.. And see that most here prefer the Otterbox defender.. But wondering what protects the screen if its bumped or falls...

I think it depends on the style of case which suits you. Personally I wouldn't go for something so bulky and a bit of an eyesore, but I know many Otterbox users have a lot of brand loyalty to it.

I've used a leather compendium-style cover from Oberon Design and it is more than adequate protection for day-to-day use (and my iPad goes with me practically everywhere). For added protection I also have a neoprene case, which I had customized from Etsy.

Most reactions

Latest posts