What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IPAD2 Facetime and Gmail

rdlown

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My facetime only works with people who have an Iphone.

According to everything I've read in the manual, I should be able to use it with my gmail account to another gmail account user (with an IPAD2 ALSO)
It tries to call but then says the other person isn't available. of course she was.

does anyone know what I can do to remedy this?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've moved this to the Help section, where I think it will receive better attention....

Tim

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The other person must go into the FaceTime settings on their iPad and add the GMail address to the "You can be reached for video calls at:" list. And of course the iPad must actually be able to receive emails from that account.

OP
R

rdlown

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thanks for that, but we were trying for a couple of hours...like a couple of nuts. Both of us on speaker phones (landlines) watching our brand new Ipads not connect. We double checked everything. Just couldn't get oneto recognize the other.
as I said before, works for both of us to iphones (which we don't have but our kids do). They won't help us. hahaha!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
No ideas then. I tested my GMail address, but it was from an iPhone. I don't have two iPads to test against each other.

OP
R

rdlown

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes..both wifi. we both have comcast....but are on different coasts. Is skype available on ipad2 yet?

idave23

iPF Noob
Reaction score
rdlown said:
Yes..both wifi. we both have comcast....but are on different coasts. Is skype available on ipad2 yet?

It's available for now as an iPhone app. Works well, looks crappy. Supposed to be an iPad version coming soon though.

Most reactions

Latest posts