Ipad2-Canon PIXMA

Discussion in 'AirPrint' started by areco10, May 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mbergthold

mbergthold
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Same problem with Canon MG8220

At this point I'm thinking Canon's MG8220's AirPrint capability is pure smoke. My iPhone4 running OS5 couldn't find it, my iPhone5 running OS6 doesn't see it, the neither of the two new iPads my wife and daughter own can locate it - yet it is running firmware version 3.030 and has Bonjour turned on. We went thru this with Kodak, which was not a true AirPrint printer, and now it looks like we'll be sending this Canon back also. WTF? Doesn't anyone know how to do this except Apple? Not enough drugs or what? if anyone has an idea why the MG8220 doesn't want to be seen by our Apple devices, please let me know. In the meantime, I'm composing another nasty gram, this time to Canon.

2. Skull One

Skull One
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Curious. Have you checked your router to see if it is blocking the ports need by the Bonjour protocol? Highly recommend you google your wireless router and how to set up the proper rules to allow the printer to work. This is literally the leading cause of your failure.

Might save you from an embarrassing email to Canon when they respond back with the same suggestion.

3. widorgel

widorgel
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I downloaded the Canon Easy-PhotoPrint app and it does quite a nice job printing wireless over your wifi network. It only supports images and pdf but some Apple apps offer direct support to output to pdf. I use Pages and under sharing I can say share with another App, and then select the file format - pdf in which I want to share. I select the Canon App to share with and off you go!This is a very neat way to print my Pages docs.

4. scjckt

scjckt
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I had the same problem with my IPad 4 and an MX870 printer. I happened to be looking through the configuration application for my wireless router (NETGEAR WNDR3400) and noticed an AirPrint button. The application stated that it would convert a conventional printer into an AirPrint printer. I pushed the button, selected my MX870, and now my IPad thinks it's an Airprint printer. I see the MX870 in the IPad Printer Options window from the Actions Icon. Works flawlessly so far.

This seems to be a much cleaner solution that a second party application on the IPad. NETGEAR doesn't advertise this capability anywhere I found. If you need to add AirPrint capability to your printer, you may want to look closely at your router's features.

5. pramod7770

pramod7770
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    latest mac EDITED hope this will help someone

#15 pramod7770, Dec 5, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 5, 2017
  6. scifan57

scifan57
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    That won’t help with AirPrint. Also, this thread is almost 4 years old and things have changed since then and the OP hasn’t been back in years.
    With that, this thread is now closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.