IPAD2 Camera, Worse than ever!

Discussion in 'iPad Reviews' started by Kidefranco, Apr 20, 2011.

?

Is your Ipad2 camera terrible and grainy?

1. Yes

72.2%
  2. No

27.8%
  1. Kidefranco

Kidefranco
    Expand Collapse

hi yall,

first time posting to a forunm EVER, but i cant sit here with this on my mind. I just got my Ipad2, 780.00 mind you,and while all the apps that are installed are beautifully clear, the CAMERA IS TERRIBLE! I play roller derby, and after seeing how pixilated my pictures are on the IPAD2 I am stunned. I cant say its because of the IPAD size, because I have an IMAC (Huge) and those pictures don't pixilate. Can anyone tell me why I can't take a decent photo without it being so GRAINY! Video as well! Is there a resolution for this problem? I bought it partially because the Iphone 4 takes such amazing photos! If i knew this, I would have stuck with my crappy old verizon phone, which takes crappy pictures. Is there an app that can fix this or does anyone think Apple will come up with a resolution to this that we WONT have to pay for?! (yeah right)
    Thank you!

2. Shadow97

Shadow97
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Hi,

The iPhone 4 has a 5 megapixel camera which is very good. The iPad 2 has two very low quality cameras that I think were put in the device for novelty. The iPad has way more functionality then a camera, but if you were thinking you could use it to shoot pics and video, you will be disappointed.

3. SweetPoison

SweetPoison
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    I have heard this time and time again. Did you research the camera before purchasing? See what the scuttlebutt is?

You can still return it.

4. ipaduser434

ipaduser434
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Yes, the photos are grainy if you are shooting in low/lousy light, but with bright light the photos are fine. I tested this today by taking a photo of local snowbanks and snow cover created by ten inches of snow that fell last night. The photo itself turned out great, albeit I would have preferred a picture of green grass and daffodils!

5. Kabona

Kabona
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Oh come on..... Who buys an ipad to use the camera??? Kind of like asking fopr a camera in your laptop. I can only justify the need for a front facing camera for apps and google talk.....

6. Veritas

Veritas
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I didn't buy it for the camera but it is worse than expected. But def not a deal breaker or anything.

7. Mutinyguy

Mutinyguy
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I was surprised (disappointed) that the camera was less than my new iPhone 4 :( but then iPad is so cool in so many ways it makes up for the crummy camera especially since I have the iPhone.

8. Veritas

Veritas
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    My htc evo camera still amazes me. I'm sure that will be an improvementon the next iPad.

9. littlebuddha

littlebuddha
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    If you use the camera in good light then you get good results fount cam or back. use it indoors under incandesent lights your going to get grainy pics. if used right then there good pics. I have a few cameras and i still like the ipad 2 cam i take it down the workshop and out the back taking pics of my koi and get good results.
    And as said its not a camera you would really go around with stuck to your face. but to have a pad and your out and about its a nice extra.

10. Blueface

Blueface
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Could not agree with you more.