What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad1

kimimcnam

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Need help. I am a new iPad user. I bought my iPad from a friend about 3 weeks ago. All was well until a few days ago. Now when I try to play a game, use Internet, play a movie on Netflix - anything I get kicked out. The screen goes blank and it takes me back to the main screen. Why?? Anyone have any ideas?

Reaction score
Try double tapping your home button and press hold any of the apps along the bottom until a - symbol shows up in them. Not an X but a - sign. Tap the - sign in them until you've cleared them all. That is shutting down apps that are running in the background or ready to run. I use an app called Xsysinfo to do the work for me when I open it.
Apple also suggests powering the iPad off about once a week by holding the power button until the red slider shows up then sliding it. Leave it off for at least a minute to allow everything to clear itself.
If your iPad ever freezes up completely press the power and home button at the same time for about 15 seconds. It won't erase anything, just does a soft reset

Support Our Troops!
This post was Tapatalk approved
Sent from wherever I'm at right now via my Apple tablet

Most reactions