What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad won't start, extracting photos without iCloud

Backster L

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi
I seem to have experienced a major problem with a friend's older iPad. He mentioned having trouble starting it up, couldn't tell what he did prior to this unfortunately.

When starting, the regular Apple logo is visible, then an image of the older charge plug cable is visible directed toward a iTunes-icon in the middle.

Googling for answers it seems the only options is to reinstall the iOS but that would wipe out any photos onboard. I tried restarting it using the home + top-button but still the same.

I also tried connecting the iPad to a computer with iTunes, but no result.

So, since my friend turned off iCloud for some reason, it seems the photos are stuck internally on the iPad.

I am looking for some way in exctracting them, if that is possible at all. I know there are a lot of third party software for accessing iPad and iPhones and so without iTunes but maybe the unit need to be up and running to make use of them?

Since I am no regular user of Apple hardware like this, I am clueless on how to solve this. Unfortunately no one else I know use iPhone or iPad.

Thanks in advance for advise.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Does your friend have an iTunes backup of his iPad? If so, the photos on the iPad at the time the backup was made will be in the backup. Your friend would have to restore the iPad and set it up from that backup if it exists. This would then allow him to access those photos.

OP
B

Backster L

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does your friend have an iTunes backup of his iPad? If so, the photos on the iPad at the time the backup was made will be in the backup. Your friend would have to restore the iPad and set it up from that backup if it exists. This would then allow him to access those photos.
Should theb ackup be on the computer he use? As far as I heard he did not make any backup for long either, why this is quite problematic... Would be different if he had used a microSD card or something..

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Without a recent backup everything on the iPad will be lost when the iPad is restored. A restore is what is necessary to get the iPad working again.

Most reactions

Latest posts