What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad with 2 apps at same time

daniel_2014

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guys.

I know that iPad can't run 2 apps at same time, but imagine a situation

For example, suppose that I turn on iPad on Apple TV. Can I use for example, goodnotes 4 on iPad display and see iBooks on a monitor ?

I want to use iPad how my only computacional device and I need a option that I will can work with 2 apps.

Thank you very much.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm afraid that the iPad cannot run two apps at the same time. T
You also can't AirPlay mirror one app to Apple TV while at the same time running another app on the iPad display.

OP
D

daniel_2014

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you for your answer, scifan57.

Is there any app that extend my iPad display ?

Do you understand my desire?

I want use iPad how a computer. Do you know tips for help me on this task?

Thank you very much.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you're looking for an app that will let you run two apps on the screen at the same time, such as in a split screen mode, you won't find it in the App Store. It's possible that such an app might be available for a jailbroken iPad.

alexm1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Side by side will allow you to view up to 4 web sites at once on your iPad but will not allow multiple apps.

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
There has been rumors that iOS 9 will have split screen for the iPad. I've seen a jailbreak tweak that can run 2 apps at the same time, I can't remember its name though.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
There has been rumors that iOS 9 will have split screen for the iPad. I've seen a jailbreak tweak that can run 2 apps at the same time, I can't remember its name though.
We'll see in about an hour when the details of iOS 9 are revealed at the WWDC.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi guys.

I know that iPad can't run 2 apps at same time, but imagine a situation

For example, suppose that I turn on iPad on Apple TV. Can I use for example, goodnotes 4 on iPad display and see iBooks on a monitor ?

I want to use iPad how my only computacional device and I need a option that I will can work with 2 apps.

Thank you very much.

They've just announced split screen multi tasking for the iPad in iOS 9. They're doing a demo right now and it should do exactly what you want.

Edit: true split screen multi tasking is restricted to the iPad Air 2. Other multi tasking features are available for most recent iPads.

Last edited:

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
They've just announced split screen multi tasking for the iPad in iOS 9. They're doing a demo right now and it should do exactly what you want.

Edit: true split screen multi tasking is restricted to the iPad Air 2. Other multi tasking features are available for most recent iPads.

I watch the WWDC too and that was my impressions, i.e. iOS 9 can be loaded on the older iPads but not all of the features will work - switched to an iPad Air 2 in December - assume that Susan's old iPad Mini will not offer that option, although I don't think she would care? Dave :)

Most reactions

Latest posts