What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad will not Charge as Fast as it Drains

Twiddles

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not using USB, using Apple supplied wall charger and my iPad will drain down to nothing and turn off while plugged into a wall outlet??

I dont believe any device should drain out when connected to a receptacle? Regardless of use shouldn't the current available always exceed the current used?

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yeah, I agree with Col. It sounds to me like you have a rogue app that didn't close properly sucking juice in the background. That, or your charger is bad...

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try powering down your iPad before you connect it to your charger next time. You do this by holding down the Sleep/Wake button until the red slider comes on confirming you want to power off. Now when you plug your iPad into the charger, it should turn back on if the charger is working properly.

This does 2 things... it will close down all apps that could be causing a problem and it will also confirm that the charger is (most likely) working properly. If your iPad does not come back on, it's time for a trip to the Genius Bar or at least a call to 1-800-MY-APPLE.

Dr.Gee

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Mine charges slowly with use using USB,so you definitely have issues. You should be able to multitask up the wazoo with it connected to AC.

@ nlock...way to go on the CHF.Im getting heavily vested

Most reactions