What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad & Viber

5harky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I am new to this site and not sure of the process, but I am going to start straight off with a question and see where it gets me! I am getting used to my new Ipad mini, not having been involved in the i world previously. I really want to get 'Viber' set up and bought a data SIM for the purpose of providing a number to get the code sent to me by SMS. But it does not work. Maybe they cannot send this code back to an iPad? What to do? Do I give them the number of another mobile to send my access code to? Does this matter?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, welcome to iPF!
Your iPad can't receive SMS. The SIM card is for data.
To get the code, enter your cellphone/mobilephone number when asked for it. Then use the code you receive on your iPad.

Last edited:

John Ba

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,
I'm an official rep. from Viber. I'm here to help :)

@5harky
-

Instructions for activating Viber on iPod/iPad/Tablet:

1. connect to WiFi from your iPad/iPod/Tablet.
2. download and install Viber app. when asked for your number, enter your regular cellphone's number (or any other number of yours that can receive the code, for example a landline (fixed) number, a prepaid number, etc.), then confirm.
3. an SMS message with the code will be sent to your regular cellular phone.
4. take that code and use it in your iPad/iPod/Tablet. Viber will then be activated, and you're good to go.

* this means that if anyone dials your number on Viber, you will get the call on your iPad/iPod/Tablet.
** Please note that Viber is not fully optimized for iPods/iPads/Tablets yet. In the future, we plan to release fully optimized ersions, but unfortunately we still don't know when exactly it will be ready.

If you still have any more questions, please feel free to let me know :)

Anny266

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can't talk via viber though messaging works fine. Is that because it's not fully optimized on ipad or it's just me? Please help!

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I can't talk via viber though messaging works fine. Is that because it's not fully optimized on ipad or it's just me? Please help!

It works fine on my iPad/s.....can you give us more info on what you are experiencing then we can try to work out what's going wrong.

Most reactions

Latest posts