What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Interesting incompatability with sms between ipad 1 ane ipad 2

hotstuff

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was asking in the ipad2 section before about setting up VIBER to work, the app is skypes new competitor,

You need to have phone that can receive SMS to activate VIBER, iPads can not receive SMS so in my previous post I was advised to use any phone and put the number just to get the SMS but no matter what I do this only works on the iPad 1 not the 2, can anyone explain why?

My tests with a iPhone 3G, 4g, iPad 1 where successful, but when it came to the iPad 2 I get an error that the activation code I got via SMS is not valid., none of my devices are jail broken.

What did apple do to the iPad 2 and why no SMS apps work is strange, does anyone know?

Sent from my iPad2 64GB wifi 3G using iPF

OP
H

hotstuff

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hotstuff said:
I was asking in the ipad2 section before about setting up VIBER to work, the app is skypes new competitor,

You need to have phone that can receive SMS to activate VIBER, iPads can not receive SMS so in my previous post I was advised to use any phone and put the number just to get the SMS but no matter what I do this only works on the iPad 1 not the 2, can anyone explain why?

My tests with a iPhone 3G, 4g, iPad 1 where successful, but when it came to the iPad 2 I get an error that the activation code I got via SMS is not valid., none of my devices are jail broken.

What did apple do to the iPad 2 and why no SMS apps work is strange, does anyone know?

Guess no on knows or can test this

jmorton10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hopefully stuff like this will be fixable when/if there is ever a working JailBreak for the ipad2.

Most reactions

Latest posts