What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad trade in

Willster

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My wife has a 10.5 iPad Pro with a couple of bright spots on the screen (swollen battery) so can I assume it has no trade in value with Apple? She is looking at probably an iPad Air and we’d like to trade it in or safely recycle it at our nearest Apple store. I guess it would help to book an appointment with an Apple genius?

Thomas1977

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hmm I think that would be helpful. I am not familiar with how  genius works. As for the trade in value I think that would be up to the person taking it.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Apple will at least take it for recycle. The trade in value is probably minimal, if any. You won't need an appointment unless you wanted them to do diagnostics on the iPad or attempt to repair it.

But if you want to be sure, you can always give them a call and ask. Or go through Apple's support pages.

Most reactions