What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple Launches In-store iPad Trade-in Program

RaduTyrsina

News Team
Reaction score
apple-retail-recycle-trade.png

To show that it cares for the environment, Apple has expanded its Reuse & Recycling program to include the iPad, as well. Now you can go at any Apple Retail Store location and receive credit for your aging iPad. In the past, Apple customers could only receive trade-in credit for iPhones. Another improvement is that now iPhone or iPad trade-in credit can be used on cross products. So, you can trade-in an eligible iPhone or iPad and use the money to buy a different product. In the past, you had to use the money for an iPhone trade-in to buy a new iPhone, as well.

Beginning today, Reuse and Recycling for iPad is now available for U.S. and Canada customers. Just like for iPhone, customers can bring in their iPad to upgrade toward the purchase of a new one. That’s not all. Customers can also upgrade across devices. They can credit an iPad toward an iPhone purchase, and vice versa.

At the moment, we don’t know exactly if Apple’s offer could be better or at least on par with other service, such as Gazelle. But most likely than not, if we are to judge from the iPhone trade-in program, you won’t necessarily get more money, but the process of trading your old iDevice will be performed much faster. Also, what you need to know is that, unlike iPhones, Apple won’t accept an iPad with a cracked screen.

Just like the iPhone trade-in program gradually rolled out to other countries besides USA and Canada, this could be the same with iPads. Even if your iPad or iPhone isn’t eligible for trade-in credit, Apple will still responsibly recycle it.

Source: 9to5Mac

Good karma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
when i tried to use the iPhone trade in at the apple store, the value was worse then selling the iPhone 3g privately, and thats what i did, sell it private. The phone was good and there was no need for it to be recycled (destroyed), but sold on as 2nd hand

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'd be willing to bet money they will offer less than other vendors.

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'd be willing to bet money they will offer less than other vendors.

Probably. Nothing is free with them lol.

Sent from my Black Verizon 64GB iPad 2 in NYC using iPF

Most reactions