What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad to review and backup SD memory cards for photography travel

MarathonMax

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello World, first post here :)

I am planning on getting an iPad. But who isn't, right?

Here's the use I have for it. I am planning a few travels this year and need to backup my Nikon D90's SD memory cards.

I would use the iPad this way, please let me know if it can be done.

1) At end of day, insert SD card in iPad's SD card reader (accessory required)
2) Import photos from card into Photos app
3) Review photos and delete bad ones
4) Post a few of those on Facebook for friend and family at home to follow
5) Copy (dump/save) all reviewed photos (deleted ones are, well, deleted) onto secondary (backup) SD card (previously inserted into accessory card reader)
6) Start over on the next day

Tks

Max

Finnedog

iPF Novice
Reaction score
We or at least I don't know how files like this are going to be handled, as there is no method on the iPod Touch I have to move pictures or future files from the iWorks apps around.

So it will be something new!

In my opinion I do not want my device as cluttered as this MacBook is with that forgotten download here and 4 copies of the same picture in 4 different folders there.

Keep it simple and protect me from myself so I can't clutter it up.

Isaac Newton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Et tu Brutae?...My sentiments/plans exactly. Only I will either upload/email the images to an "online" storage facility to keep in addition to the "untouched" original version(s) on the sd card or fire-wire to USB link from camera to iPad!

ChileRick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No real date as far as I can find as to when the camera adaptor(s) will be available.
I asked the Apple store as to wether the Eye-Fi card would work with the Ipad, no answer,the same with their foreign travel power convertor. I've some concerns about my trip . . . .

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No real date as far as I can find as to when the camera adaptor(s) will be available.
I asked the Apple store as to wether the Eye-Fi card would work with the Ipad, no answer,the same with their foreign travel power convertor. I've some concerns about my trip . . . .

eye-fi will need an app, since there is no visable file structure on the iPad...it will need a way of mounting the device.

Most reactions

Latest posts