What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad to Iphone

troyamiri1350

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi
Can any one tell me how to transfer data from IPad to Iphone and vice versa?
Thanks

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi there, I am going to move this to the Help Section where you will get better attention.

Thanks!

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
What kind of data are you trying to transfer? There are many ways to get stuff back and forth between the two devices - but it really is all dependent on what you want to share.

Marilyn

OP
troyamiri1350

troyamiri1350

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mickey330 said:
What kind of data are you trying to transfer? There are many ways to get stuff back and forth between the two devices - but it really is all dependent on what you want to share.

Marilyn

Hi

I want to just add all my purchases from my Ipad to my Iphone also my notes and photos and other data. I know that you can use the Itune but I just did not wanted to go through with a laptop or a pc.

Thanks

Siavash

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Most of what you want can be synced between the two devices by getting an iCloud account and activating it on both. Be sure to chose Merge data when you turn things on instead of replace.

As for apps, music, etc., as long as you are using he same Apple ID on both devices you can go to the Purchased tab in the various iStores and you'll see the content ready to download again; for free.

Photos are more of a problem. While Photo Stream will give you access to photos taken on the other device, that a going forward issue. to transfer older photos you'll need another app. I like PhotoSync (no hyphen). You'll need it on both devices, but you only have to pay once.

You may want to invest in a third party photo app to keep things more organized than the native Photos app will do. This creates a separate database in most cases, so a little more footwork is required; but you gain a lot more flexibility in how you store and display your photos. Probably the most popular option is Photo Manager Pro.

Here are most of the links I have for iCloud. They should give you a fairly solid idea of what it does.

Cloud Overview
Apple - iCloud - Your content. On all your devices.

iCloud Support Site
Apple - Support - iCloud

Apple IDs and iCloud
Using your Apple ID for Apple services

iCloud: Backup and restore overview
iCloud: Backup and restore overview

How to setup iCloud
Apple - iCloud - Learn how to set up iCloud on all your devices.

iTunes Match: How it works
Apple - iTunes - Match

Photo Stream FAQ
iCloud: Photo Stream FAQ

OP
troyamiri1350

troyamiri1350

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi

Thanks for your information,but I better not involve ICloud because I don't want my data fly over the Internet something like intranetwork system within my house, could you just tell me if I go through the Itune on my laptop how can I prevent to take long time to transfer new apps to one device ( like the apps already on the IPad needs to go into IPhone ) and about my notes and telefone numbers how to deal with theme ? Hope you got what I am asking with this poor request.
Again thanks and regards.

Siavash

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You just have to plug in each device and go through all the sync settings for that device. To make sure all the apps are in iTunes so that you can chose to sync them to the other device, right click on the device in the Device list and chose Transfer Purchases.

Each device maintains it's own sync setting, so you can pick and chose what ends up where. I've seen a new app occasionally cross devices without prompting, but simply deleting the unwanted app of the device straightens it out for the next sync.

To sync Contacts, Calendars, etc. you need to sync each device with the computer, an app on the computer. It becomes the intermediate storage device. This is done in the Info tab for syncing. I don't do this anymore, so I'm no longer as familiar with it as I was, two or three iOS versions ago. I non longer feel confident I won't lead you the wrong way.

You need to expect the need to occasionally resolve conflicts, when you've updated the same info on more than one device/computer in-between syncs.

If this is what you want to do, I recommend backing up your device and any data you have on the computer first. Leave yourself a way to recover, and then give it a try.

I consider iCloud secure enough for my purposes. All data is encrypted in transit. Most data is encrypted on the servers. Google is similar.

I don't really have any dark deep secrets, but my simple answer to cloud security is to not write down stuff I don't want know; anywhere. As for my private info, well, it's already out there. Apple is just one more place, and not the worst of them.

OP
troyamiri1350

troyamiri1350

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi again

Sorry I was not feeling good lately,hope you keeping alright . I am actually looking for Java IDE programming App for IPad to be able to do practice and not using laptop.
Is there any App available to do the job?I mean creating a project and compile it and run it? I am new to this things and I like to be able to learn it.

Thanks and Regards

Siavash Amiri

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Last edited:
OP
troyamiri1350

troyamiri1350

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi

Thanks for your help. Can I store my IPad apps on any external hard drives because my laptop is full and there isn't enough space and you know plenty apps coming and so tempting to go with them . what do you suggest to be wise with the lots of apps.

Thanks and Regards

Siavash

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The only way to store apps on a computer is iTunes.

You can point iTunes' Media folder to a different drive on the computer by going into it's Preference, the Advanced tab.

You should be able to simply copy the current iTunes library to the new drive, then repoint. But make sure it's a copy, just in case something goes wrong. You can then point it back to the old directory.

If for some reason the new library want's to erase the iPad, cancel that dialog, right click on the iPad under the devices list, and choose Transfer Purchases. You'll have to do this anyway to make sure all you current apps are copied to iTunes.

While copying your apps (and other media) to iTunes is a goods secondary backup, in most cases it is not needed.

All your apps, iBooks, iTunes Music, and most other media purchased through Apple can be re-downloaded directly to the iPad. Just go to the Purchased tab in the appropriate store. Or your can search for the app. Apps and content that you have already purchased will say INSTALL (or maybe Download) instead of showing the price. In some cases they will have a cloud badge on the icon to show they are not currently on the device, but available for download (at no cost).

wingzfan61

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can also save apps on a windows pc by opening the apps category in itunes, right click on an app and hit view in explorer. Copy the ipa file and put it where you want.

Most reactions

Latest posts