What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad sim in USA

Leebel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Recently tried Telestial in USA for micro sim for 1 week trip from Oz. $10 lasted < 1 day. There has to be a better way. Can use AT&T or tmobile which is great but setup crazy (have to say you are not in USA.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What problems have you encountered with AT&T? They have several pre-pay plans and I've never had any difficulty. Wander in to an AT&T outlet, pay, leave and I'm good to go.

Tim

OP
Leebel

Leebel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No problems with AT&T. Just the poor process and expensive charges from Telestial www.simple calling.com. My $10 data credit got me < 1MB! in fact, 1MB turned my $10 credit into $5 debit! At that cost, forget it! The ability to tap AT&T and t-mobile is neat, but not at those prices!

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So why not purchase an AT&T pre-pay card when you get to the US? No need to use your regular SIM card.

Tim

OP
Leebel

Leebel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Why not an AT&T sim? Reasons from what I could find out

1. You needed a USA address (not too hard)
2. You needed. A USA credit card. Apparently not even MaterCard or Visa if with foreign bank would work.
3. You needed to cancel the service before exit from USA

OP
Leebel

Leebel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The AT&T plans are good but there is nothing about the issues I raised. Those issues you really need to know before you assume it will all happen.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As I mentioned before, I did not experience any of the problems. I used a UK Mastercard on one occasion and a UK AMEX card on another. I was never asked for a US address. I walked in, chose my plan, they scanned my card, I was handed the microSIM, I walked out, put the microSIM into my iPad and I was good to go. This was in San Francisco; maybe they're not as troubled by these details there.

Tim

OP
Leebel

Leebel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks. That's great to hear. Looks like my advice was out of date or just plain wrong.

takeshi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The info you stated applies to post paid plans. Pre paid plans are different.

Most reactions

Latest posts