What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Screen WEIRDNESS. Repairable? :/

Bigg Russ

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello! My wife's iPad screen just decided to go south. It is a hardware or software issue we're looking at?
All Apple did was suggest the new iPad. Can't we just replace the screen and keep it moving?

T
hanks for the assist...

AllenSalar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hardware issue, just as I've read from another thread, she might have dropped or damaged the iPad somehow.
And yes it is possible to replace the screen I think, it will cost you though...

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just decided to?

OK. Try this, carefully.

Give the back of the iPad three or four sharp taps, then reboot it. Don't try to send it into orbit.

This has been known to work.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

OP
B

Bigg Russ

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hardware issue, just as I've read from another thread, she might have dropped or damaged the iPad somehow.
And yes it is possible to replace the screen I think, it will cost you though...

Much appreciated. As far as *WE* know it hasn't been dropped at all.

Just decided to?

OK. Try this, carefully.

Give the back of the iPad three or four sharp taps, then reboot it. Don't try to send it into orbit.

This has been known to work.

Ahhh, couldn't cut it at Caroline's Comedy School huh?

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Bigg Russ said:
Much appreciated. As far as *WE* know it hasn't been dropped at all.

Ahhh, couldn't cut it at Caroline's Comedy School huh?

No. We don't give bad advice here. Like I said, this has been known to work. Why? I don't know but I found this advice, along with replies indicating that it can work, so I'm passing it on to you. If it works for you, it will save you a trip to the Apple Store and maybe some cash, and if it doesn't, nothing is lost.

I'm not above reading through other forums to see what works. This advice was originally posted on Apple's own forum, and worked for several members.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Putting on my moderators hat for a moment, I'd like to inform the forum that we NEVER assume that a poster has somehow caused damage to their equipment without telling us.

If a member can be bothered to ask for advice, we give that advice without making assumptions as to how the damage or problem might have arisen. In this case, the OP claims that the issue arose without forewarning, so that is how the problem will be treated.

I have no idea why a perfectly functioning machine will suddenly decide to stop working properly, but they do, and that is what we are here for, to offer constructive advice as to how the iPad can be restored to use without costing hundreds of dollars to repair.

It is clear that the OP thinks that his problem is being taken lightly. It is not.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the link, Leelai. I found the answer elsewhere, but I'm glad it wasn't when I was dreaming. I was beginning to think it was.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well it's not something we would normally promote as a fix, but it sure has worked when there was nothing left to lose.

So I guess that makes it very good advice.

iPad 2 3G 64gb

Most reactions

Latest posts