What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 4 screen repairs

dave34

iPF Noob
Reaction score
just dropped and cracked my ipad 4 front screen, i was wondering what my options are as i have seen some free ipad 4 screen repairs from apple. I have been to a local firm who have lots of good reviews, has anyone used these guys ?

gloopy.co.uk
but not sure which way to turn, should i go to Apple or use the local repair firm who charge a quarter of the price ?

thanks in advance

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
dave34 said:
just dropped and cracked my ipad 4 front screen, i was wondering what my options are as i have seen some free ipad 4 screen repairs from apple. I have been to a local firm who have lots of good reviews, has anyone used these guys ?

gloopy.co.uk
but not sure which way to turn, should i go to Apple or use the local repair firm who charge a quarter of the price ?

thanks in advance

Did you buy AppleCare+ for your iPad at the time of purchase? It provides for up to two incidents of accidental damage over the life of the policy. The regular warranty doesn't cover broken glass.
If you go to an independent repair shop, you lose your Apple warranty. If Apple does the repair, your warranty is reinstated.

The repair cost is generally about half the cost of a new iPad. Make sure to back up your iPad before taking it in as Apple will give you a new or refurbished iPad in exchange when you pay the repair cost. You then set up the replacement from the backup you made.

Most reactions

Latest posts