What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad screen turned pink,blue colors

Duni

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,recently my ipad 2 screen turned pink,blue colors eventhough I didn't drop it.i was using the iPad for 3 years and this happened a year back too.but I was able to fix this.ive tried to smack on the back of the iPad as it's said in Apple support communities.but didn't fix.plz help me with this.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello,recently my ipad 2 screen turned pink,blue colors eventhough I didn't drop it.i was using the iPad for 3 years and this happened a year back too.but I was able to fix this.ive tried to smack on the back of the iPad as it's said in Apple support communities.but didn't fix.plz help me with this.
It could be a loose screen connector inside the iPad. Sometimes, if the connector is almost seated properly, a thump on the back such as you described will fix the problem. Since it didn't work this time, the iPad may have to be serviced at a repair centre. The problem could also be a partial screen failure requiring a screen replacement. A Genius Bar appointment at the nearest Apple Store could diagnose the problem. Due to the age of the iPad and the cost to repair it, you may want to consider an upgrade at this time. In any case, back up your iPad so that it can be used to set up any replacement iPad you may acquire.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've deleted the other thread you started on this topic as multiple posts on the same topic can fragment any resulting conversation and are also against our rules.

BTW, updating your iPad to iOS 8 will not fix a probable hardware fault in your screen.

Most reactions