My iPad went "Blue Screen" and...

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by aaron.tan.munloong, Aug 14, 2010.

1. aaron.tan.munloong

aaron.tan.munloong iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0

I am from Singapore. I had just got my iPad for 1 week. While I was just surfing the net on safari, on a google search page, suddenly my entire screen went blue (the very similar blue when windows crashed)!!!

The first thing I did was to wait. After about 3 minutes, nothing changed. I tried pressing the <home-button>, no response. Then also the <Power Button> no response either. Then I did a hard-reset I knew from the iPhone, pressing both the <Power> and <Home> button together for 10 sec. The screen went black. Like the iPhone, I have put my iPad into Recovery-mode.

I quickly connect my iPad to my MacBook iTunes, hopefully to recover it. iTunes detected the iPad and knows it is in recovery mode and said that I need to download the latest firmware and do a recovery. The firmware complete download but the recovery met with fatal error with error-code "1600"

I tried every suggestion the Apple site suggested, like switching USB port and creating a new admin account on my MacBook. Nothing works. The recovery still fails with code "1600".

Can anyone help me? what must I do? I still just can't believe such a pretty apple device could crashed so fatally. Please help me!!

2. iPadCharlie

iPadCharlie iPad Super Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    Error 1600 or any derivation of that number like 1601, 1602... 160x is just an error that happened because of USB connection problems or because iTunes couldn't communicate well with the phone.

To solve this, just use another USB in your computer. If that doesn't help, reboot your computer and try again.
  3. MikesTooLz

MikesTooLz Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20 / 0
    go to apple store and get a new one.