ipad Schematic Sheet.

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by garpike, Mar 8, 2012.

1. twerppoet

twerppoet
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend II

Thanks Received:
    Sounds like you've got a challenging and interesting job.

As a technician I was always wishing engineers were required to fix equipment for at least two years before being allowed to design it. I'd spend a lot of time waxing eloquent (or something like) on the idea, usually right after I'd spent hours tearing apart some equipment, just to get to the one component that seemed to fail most often. ;)

If you are designing something that's not throw away, please keep us poor suffering techs in mind. ;)

Anyway, I've probably contributed to more OT drift that I should. Don't worry. If i really wanted to tinker more with electronics, I would. I'm just playing 'the good old days'.

2. ipadbraincell

ipadbraincell
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    :).
    being mainly a service based engineer before going self employed, i always design with later repairs/servicing in mind, i do enjoy the design side i find it therapeutic, but being self taught and not formally trained in electronics, often it is frustrating, before the best idea 'hits' me.

when i get those 'what if?' moments of inspiration in the early hours. Circuit Wizard allows me to quickly try them without covering the lounge in wire and components. the ability to simulate on screen is a blessing.

when i show my grand children simple transistor circuits, the diagram shows the current flow directions, voltages and so on. they take great joy in shoving 240 volts onto a 6 volt rail and blowing up all the components in realism mode lol!

trust me, if you want to relive those bygone days before the more complex IC took the fun out of it, buy the program, you will have hours of fun.

3. twerppoet

twerppoet
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend II

Thanks Received:
    Ok, I admit you got me interested, so I went looking, but it seems to be a Windows only program. There is probably an OS X equivalent, and when I have some time I poke around to see what I can find. My memory is teasing that I've seen one or two of the ilk mentioned before. I probably won't be able to find one with a destructo mode though, and the child in me weeps in disappointment. :D

4. ipadbraincell

ipadbraincell
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    my pc's are on windows 7, and sed to work on XP To, so perhaps a PC emulator on you MAC?

5. twerppoet

twerppoet
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend II

Thanks Received:
    Nah, too much money for what little I'd use it. I see an iCircuits app in the App Store and Mac App Store that I might pick up. Not nearly as capable, I'm sure, but the only other app that looks good is $70 (Mac App Store). Maybe after I've saved enough for my next iPad.