ipad Schematic Sheet.

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by garpike, Mar 8, 2012.

1. garpike

garpike
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    ipad please help looking for a schematic.

2. k7lvo

k7lvo
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    I'd venture a guess that it's not available. I'm curious, though - what do you need it for? It's not like you can open it up and start modifying... :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

3. garpike

garpike
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    mainboard.JPG

4. twerppoet

twerppoet
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    That's not a schematic, if that's what you meant. Otherwise I'm not sure what you are getting at.

I doubt anyone but Apple's engineers have schematics for the iPad. Even repair shops will find that kind of detail of little use. These days it is cheaper to replace the board/component than take the time (equipment and training) to do onboard repairs. Like so many older tech skills, component level repair has become a hobby.

Sure, a picture s worth a thousand words, but not always the right words. :D

5. Skull One

Skull One
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    twerppoet types much wisdom.

The USAF stopped training for component level general repair back in 1988 if memory serves. While I was grateful for the training I got in '86, I haven't used it for a business application since 1990.

6. twerppoet

twerppoet
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    USAF 1982-1986. Digital Flight Simulator Technician.

I miss the magic of component electronics; though even then the writing was on the wall.

7. seneca18

seneca18
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    In college I had to memorize schematics galore for large aircraft. The worst was the DC-10 electrical schematic. Still gives me nightmares...........sorry off topic...

8. ipadbraincell

ipadbraincell
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    can't help with an iPad app, but as a small time designer/hobbyist on a PC i use 'circuit wizard' from Maplins. has circuit simulation on schematic as well as pcb auto placement and routing. also virtual test instruments

for what it costs, it is very powerful, allows experiments for designs if you need to quell an itch, without needing to be breadboard up a design

check it out :)

9. twerppoet

twerppoet
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ah, well, confession time. What I most miss is getting paid to troubleshoot and fix the stuff. I was good at it. I was never into design, beyond seeing what else I could make a toy/kit do. Usually a broken toy or circuit kit. I like fixing stuff. :)

10. ipadbraincell

ipadbraincell
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    perhaps fixing games consuls is a possible way for you to go then, either buy broken to repair and re-sell, or repair broken ones sent to you.

in my case, as an electronics engineer i always think i can do whatever better than what has been done before :), i work mainly in bespoke security systems, often re-design an item to be a better fit, or fit more situations than the original concepts required, once i conquer the problem i move on, not wanting to keep re-inventing the wheel so to speak.