What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Ready Sites

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Apple has just posted a "Featured" website list. iPad features Safari, a mobile web browser that supports the latest web standards — including HTML5, CSS3, and JavaScript. Here are just a few of the sites that take advantage of these web standards to deliver content that looks and functions beautifully on iPad.

• CNN

When you’re browsing CNN.com on iPad, the site automatically displays an HTML5 video player, providing you with the best possible viewing experience.
    screen_cnn_20100331.png
  • Reuters

An HTML5 video player on Reuters.com lets you view most of the site’s video content on iPad.
    screen_reuters_20100331.jpg
  • New York Times

The HTML5 video player on the NYTimes.com home page displays video in a format viewable on iPad.
    screen_nyt_20100331.png
  • Vimeo

The popular video-sharing site Vimeo.com features an HTML5 player that displays most videos on iPad.
    screen_vimeo_20100331.jpg
  • Time

The 24/7 news site features an HTML5 video player for viewing recently published video.
    screen_time_20100331.jpg
  • ESPN

ESPN uses HTML5 to play audio and video for fans browsing ESPN.com on iPad. Site navigation and live scoring have also been optimized for the iPad Multi-Touch display.
    screen_espn_20100331.png
  • Major League Baseball

MLB.com features a browsing experience optimized for iPad, providing fans with live baseball action at their fingertips.
    screen_mlb_20100331.jpg
  • Netflix

The iPad-optimized version of netflix.com makes it easy to browse movies and add them to your queue. Video plays via the Netflix app, available on the App Store.
    screen_netflix_20100331.png
  • NPR

NPR’s website, NPR.org, incorporates an HTML5 audio player and embedded HTML5 video for iPad.
    screen_npr_20100331.jpg
  • National Hockey League

NHL.com detects when you’re browsing the site on iPad and displays optimized content, including recently published video.
    screen_nhl_20100331.jpg
  • The White House

WhiteHouse.gov is a largely standards-based site that displays video using the HTML5 video tag.
    screen_whitehouse_20100331.jpg
  • Virgin America

Virgin America’s site is almost entirely standards based, so it looks and works great on iPad.
    screen_virginamerica_20100331.jpg
  • Sports Illustrated

Recent video features on SI.com are displayed via an HTML5 player compatible with iPad.
    screen_sportsillustrated_20100331.png
  • Flickr

Flickr now displays video via an iPad-compatible HTML5 player.
    screen_flickr_20100331.jpg
  • People Magazine

An HTML5 video player on PEOPLE.com displays video in iPad-viewable format.
    screen_people_20100331.jpg
  • TED

TED.com is completely optimized for iPad, displaying video, comments, ratings, and more.
    screen_ted_20100331.jpg
  • Nike

Nike has introduced a new version of nike.com specifically designed for iPad and its technologies.
    screen_nike_20100331.jpg
  • CBS

Watch clips from your favorite shows as well as recent full episodes of "Survivor" on the HTML5-enabled, iPad-friendly CBS.com.
    screen_cbs_20100331.jpg
  • Spin

SPIN.com features a browsing experience optimized for iPad, providing music fans with the latest live performances and backstage coverage of their favorite bands.
    screen_spin_20100331.jpg
  • National Geographic

Watch National Geographic videos on your iPad using the new HTML5 player at nationalgeographic.com.
    screen_nationalgeographic_20100331.jpg

Ghuda

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks IDan, this is something I am really interested in but I am so OCD about what is happening with my IPad and the stuff rolling into the forum, that I have not left to look this type stuff up:D

Edlex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Cool news iDan. You should keep this thread around. I'm sure this list is going to be growing quite a bit.

kilofox

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sticky Please! and add more as they become known.

Just an idea.

Craig

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
Who needs flash! They are all coming to OUR SIDE:)

just about all the video I have found works fine. all YouTube I've run into works right in the browser too. pretty nice.

AKNorth

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Very informative topic. Please keep post alive...thanks!

drg560

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Where do I find the list, I have just bought my first apple device, an iPad2. I am not very happy with the things that I can't do. My wife wants to print out coupons but can't download the coupon printer. I want to view the news videos. I would like to keep this thing if I could find an apple compatible web site that would let us do the things that we are used to doing with a windows based computer.

Most reactions

Latest posts