iPad Ready Sites

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by iDan, Apr 3, 2010.

1. iDan

iDan Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +100 / 2
    Apple has just posted a "Featured" website list. iPad features Safari, a mobile web browser that supports the latest web standards — including HTML5, CSS3, and JavaScript. Here are just a few of the sites that take advantage of these web standards to deliver content that looks and functions beautifully on iPad.

• CNN

When you’re browsing CNN.com on iPad, the site automatically displays an HTML5 video player, providing you with the best possible viewing experience.
      [​IMG]
    • Reuters

An HTML5 video player on Reuters.com lets you view most of the site’s video content on iPad.
      [​IMG]
    • New York Times

The HTML5 video player on the NYTimes.com home page displays video in a format viewable on iPad.
      [​IMG]
    • Vimeo

The popular video-sharing site Vimeo.com features an HTML5 player that displays most videos on iPad.
      [​IMG]
    • Time

The 24/7 news site features an HTML5 video player for viewing recently published video.
      [​IMG]
    • ESPN

ESPN uses HTML5 to play audio and video for fans browsing ESPN.com on iPad. Site navigation and live scoring have also been optimized for the iPad Multi-Touch display.
      [​IMG]
    • Major League Baseball

MLB.com features a browsing experience optimized for iPad, providing fans with live baseball action at their fingertips.
      [​IMG]
    • Netflix

The iPad-optimized version of netflix.com makes it easy to browse movies and add them to your queue. Video plays via the Netflix app, available on the App Store.
      [​IMG]
    • NPR

NPR’s website, NPR.org, incorporates an HTML5 audio player and embedded HTML5 video for iPad.
      [​IMG]
    • National Hockey League

NHL.com detects when you’re browsing the site on iPad and displays optimized content, including recently published video.
      [​IMG]
    • The White House

WhiteHouse.gov is a largely standards-based site that displays video using the HTML5 video tag.
      [​IMG]
    • Virgin America

Virgin America’s site is almost entirely standards based, so it looks and works great on iPad.
      [​IMG]
    • Sports Illustrated

Recent video features on SI.com are displayed via an HTML5 player compatible with iPad.
      [​IMG]
    • Flickr

Flickr now displays video via an iPad-compatible HTML5 player.
      [​IMG]
    • People Magazine

An HTML5 video player on PEOPLE.com displays video in iPad-viewable format.
      [​IMG]
    • TED

TED.com is completely optimized for iPad, displaying video, comments, ratings, and more.
      [​IMG]
    • Nike

Nike has introduced a new version of nike.com specifically designed for iPad and its technologies.
      [​IMG]
    • CBS

Watch clips from your favorite shows as well as recent full episodes of "Survivor" on the HTML5-enabled, iPad-friendly CBS.com.
      [​IMG]
    • Spin

SPIN.com features a browsing experience optimized for iPad, providing music fans with the latest live performances and backstage coverage of their favorite bands.
      [​IMG]
    • National Geographic

Watch National Geographic videos on your iPad using the new HTML5 player at nationalgeographic.com.
      [​IMG]
  2. Ghuda

Ghuda iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks IDan, this is something I am really interested in but I am so OCD about what is happening with my IPad and the stuff rolling into the forum, that I have not left to look this type stuff up:D
  3. cimousa

cimousa Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0
  4. gentlefury

gentlefury iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    Ted!?!?!?! That makes me VERY happy! I love Ted Talks!
  5. Edlex

Edlex iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Cool news iDan. You should keep this thread around. I'm sure this list is going to be growing quite a bit.
  6. kilofox

kilofox iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Sticky Please! and add more as they become known.

Just an idea.
  7. fairoasis

fairoasis iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Who needs flash! They are all coming to OUR SIDE:)
  8. Craig

Craig iPadForums News Team

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    just about all the video I have found works fine. all YouTube I've run into works right in the browser too. pretty nice.
  9. AKNorth

AKNorth iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Very informative topic. Please keep post alive...thanks!
  10. drg560

drg560 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Where do I find the list, I have just bought my first apple device, an iPad2. I am not very happy with the things that I can't do. My wife wants to print out coupons but can't download the coupon printer. I want to view the news videos. I would like to keep this thing if I could find an apple compatible web site that would let us do the things that we are used to doing with a windows based computer.