What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ipad online via ethernet / ie no wifi

steve4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I will be traveling through europe as a teacher and want to use my ipad. problem is that many schools in europe have banned and removed wifi due to the microwave radiation issuses. is there a way to connect my ipad to wired ethernet so i can use the ipad online in airplane mode? i found someone on youtube that did this but use of lots of equipment makes that impractical. there must be an easier way. any help would be great. thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The iPad is designed to connect with wi-fi, or cellular if you have that model. Any method that might work will be a hack around, and most likely require jailbreaking to either enable Bluetooth or USB to work with an ethernet adaptor.

Probably the easiest method (easier than impossible) would be to use a cellular iPad and VPN into the schools network; but that would require the schools ITs to both have VPN set up and give you access.

And that, I'm afraid is all I know on the subject. iPads aren designed to be mobile. You will probably find it easier, and more practical, to use a laptop if wi-fi of any sort is out of the question.

The usual solution is to get a small wi-fi router and connect it to the network; but if the schools are banning wi-fi, I doubt they will let you set up your own. Well, maybe in some out building, if you can convince them that it's far enough away.

OP
S

steve4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thanks for quick reply.

Yes, I will most likely use my wife's pc laptop but i was hoping for a clever workaround. thanks

Most reactions

Latest posts