What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IPad not seen in iTunes nor device manager

jdperformance

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an iPad that isn't seen by computers at all, display says to connect to itunes but when plugged in...nothing happens...any suggestions?

sch

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here's some basic things to try (forgive me if they seem simple, but that's usually what gets you):

1. Do a reboot (especially if it's a Windows system).

2. Confirm that the computer's USB port you're using works with some other device.

3. Check both ends of the cable carefully, the iPad connector has to go in properly (not upside-down... the logo on the connector should be facing up).

4. If you have another iDevice cable, try that one.

Hopefully that should cure it.

OP
J

jdperformance

iPF Noob
Reaction score
10.2.1.1 It doesn't even show up that it's connected to the computer in device manager.

S65AMG

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try reinstalling iTune?

Or

Try Going to any apple store and tell them about your problem. Because a friend of mine had a similar problem like yours but she was using iphone with a iMac. What i heard from my friend was the store took her phone back for servicing and return it to her.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
J

jdperformance

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I tried reinstalling, on 3 different computers, 3 different cables, my ipods work fine.

OP
J

jdperformance

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ok heres the deal, I tried everything imagineable, retsarts, recovery etc... and it never showed up in itunes, nor device manager, so I figured theres nothing better that a hard restart, I opened it up disconnected the motherboard from the batterys and held the power button for a while reconnected everything and voila it works again. Now to just put it back together :)

S65AMG

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Alright cool. Sure sounds drastic but most importantly it solves your problem. :)

Sent from my iPad using iPF

cmartin02

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the exact same problem and have also went through all the steps listed in this thread (except for taking my iPad apart). Are there any other solutions I can try?? I really don't want to take my iPad apart. Please help!

Most reactions

Latest posts