What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why is one of my 2 Ipads not connectnig to the computer/itunes?

AqeeloOo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have two Ipad 3 (Actually one of them is my brother's). One of them works perfectly fine, in the computer ( I can open it through "My Computer" ) I also can connect/open it through iTunes.
And the other one, whenever I plug it in the USB, it doesn't respond AT ALL.
Not in iTunes, nor the computer itself.
And I dont get the small note near the battery (Not Charging)
There's no reaction at all.
Is there any solution to this problem?? Is there any setting that enables the connection??
It's really worrying me, because i have tried to connect it a lot of times and it just won't connect.

followthesapper

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Maybe you need to clean the 30 pin socket on the problem iPad. I'm assuming you use the same usb lead for both?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Since you have one working and one not working on the same machine, it sounds to me like you could have a problem with the dock connector hardware on the iPad. If that's the case, I'm afraid all you can do is take it back to Apple to get it replaced.
There are no setting in the software which enable the connection, so you are not missing anything from that point of view.
Just for reference, it is possible for the iPad to charge via the connector, but still not connect to the PC. The dock connector has 30 pins and it only takes the wrong one to be bent or broken to prevent connection. Whilst this is quite rare, it can happen.
If you are near an Apple store, best thing to do is make an appointment to go in and see them. They will quickly confirm if the connector is the problem, and if it is, they will likely swap it out for a brand new one.

Most reactions

Latest posts