What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad no longer storing my "sent" email?

Snowlady

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Somehow my iPad has stopped storing my sent emails in mid December.:(:confused: Anybody got a clue for me? The rest of my mail is as it was

nateccnn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What kind of email system are you using? Server based or POP3/smtp?

For instance...if you are connecting to an exchange server in exchange mode, your sent mail is not saved on theiPad...it is saved on the exchange server. You need to update your folders.

If you are using POP3 and SMTP, then they are lost unless you have "save downloaded mail on the server" checked. I have not set up pop3/SMTP on the iPad so I don't know if you even get that option. iPad would try to get the server settings from the server and would only allow manual setup if it fails anyhow.

Nate

Last edited:
OP
S

Snowlady

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gee Nate, I really am impressed ( truly not sarcasm) you zoomed right out of my pay grade. I use aol, and just never had an issue. Like the rain, mail comes, gets deleted or stored,etc. Just stopped storing my outgoing mail in my sent file. It only has about ten messages. All stopped mid December. Thanks for your rewinds,though. Snw

OP
S

Snowlady

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ipads Most annoying feature! I did not say rewinds...damn spell corrections. I said thanks for your remarks.

nateccnn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can you access AOL mail through the PC client? If so, are the settings you can manipulate? If so, look for how long to store sent mail. Remember that the iPad is just a terminal that accesses the server where your mail is stored. It may download a caches copy of that database, depending on your settings, but the data is stored on a server on the cloud.

I do not use AOL mail so I am of no further use to you. Lol

Nate

nateccnn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My spell checker doesn't work any better than yours...can you figurenout what I meant to type? Lol

Nate

Most reactions

Latest posts