What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Loosing Emails with my iCloud Account

cyclewalkbob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

Has anyone experienced loosing your emails in your inbox iCloud mail account.

i go to mail and I can see all my new emails just disappearing from my account,leaving me with no emails at all. ( all old emails have gone as well)

I go into trash and find a few but the rest have gone.

I transfer them back to the inbox and the next day they go again!!!!!

the emails are disappearing from my iMac and iPhone as well

Anyone had this problem?

OP
C

cyclewalkbob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Regret No, just the few emails that remain in inbox.

Last night I had seven in inbox, as per 07.15 this morning, by 10.15 only one old one and one new one left!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Some questions:

I believe you said this was an iCloud email account. Is that the only account set up in the Mail account, and if not are you sure the missing emails are from the iCloud account?

Is your iPad the only device or computer set up with the iCloud email account?

If the account is also set up on a Mac or other computer, do you have any rules set up in preferences? Do you regulary access the account from the computer?

Have you ever set up rules for the iCloud account at the icloud.com site?

Rules set up on the icloud.com site will normally take effect before the emals get to the iPad, but they 'might' be delayed causing email to disappear when the iPad synces back to iCloud. Junk mail filters may also do this, but should be even less likey to cause the problem.

Rules set up on a computer will take effect whenever the accoutn is accessed by that computer. If you open the iPad after the rules have been applied, emails that were moved or deleted may appear for a while until the iPad syncs back to the servders.

Same if you visit the email account by any means other than the iPad and delete or move email. Those emails may appear on the iPad breifly utlil the iPad finishes syncing with the server.

OP
C

cyclewalkbob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for all your help guys, I went into rules on my iMac and I had in there a rule "archive apple emails"

I deleted that and it seems to have worked!

I assume it was only keeping the apple mail, which I had one that always remained, and deleting the rest of the emails from the iPad, iPhone and iMac.

I can relax now!

Cheers

Bob

Most reactions

Latest posts