What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad (My 1st)

Marc999

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello guys,

So here we are in 2018 and I've never owned an Ipad. I use a 7" Nexus 7 (2013) tablet that is fine, but I want a larger screen, without breaking the bank.

Main Purpose:

-Internet searches
-Email
-Download Netflix movies/shows & watch while offline.
-I will use the tablet, sometimes outside while on a lawnchair around a pool etc.

Ipad (2018) or Ipad Air 2 (Refurbished)?
How bad (or not) is the glare on the Ipad (2017/2018) vs. Air 2?

Brian 244

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The Air 2 will have less glare due to its display features but is coming up on 4 years old this fall. The 2018 version is your best bet unless you can budget for the pro model. If the anti glare is important to you , consider the iPad Pro 9.7" which is a cross between the Air 2 and the Pro series.

OP
M

Marc999

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback:

How bad is the glare on the Ipad (2018), when sitting outside for example?
The Ipad Pro is out of my price range.

Feedback from anyone who has the 2017/2018 models and have used them outside would be helpful.

Brian 244

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I can tell you after owning the Air 2 for 3+ years that yes it can be viewed fairly well outside but if you are expecting to sit out in the full sun and see the screen without issue with any tablet, you're going to be disappointed. The 2017/2018 models are the same as the 1st gen Air glare wise but do have a brighter LCD to compensate.

OP
M

Marc999

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Alright, thanks. I suppose I can try out a new Ipad and see what they're like with my usage. Maybe wearing polarized sunglasses would help too.

Thomas1977

iPF Novice
Reaction score
From experience I think almost all iPad screens are hard to see in bright light. I know that my one and only iPad the mini 2 is hard to see in full sunlight.

Most reactions

Latest posts