1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Ipad mini smart cover

Discussion in 'iPad Mini Forum' started by I_luv_Apple, Oct 29, 2012.

1. I_luv_Apple

I_luv_Apple iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Is anyone going to be purchasing the Apple Smart Cover? I'm not sure as I prefer apples Smart Case which has a back cover too. Do you think Apple will be releasing a smart case at a later date?
    image-623598807.jpg
  2. KenJr

KenJr iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The iPad Mini is just a tad too wide to fit into an inside coat or jacket pocket. If Apple comes out with a back cover for the Mini, I'd like it to have something like a sandwich board where the back back part is of a width that would fit into the typical inside sport coat or jacket pocket. The back slab would go into the pocket; the iPad Mini itself would be outside the pocket but safe in its case resting against the shirt.

In the long run, what I'd like to see is the jacket/coat makers making inside pockets slightly wider. They could then advertise the fact that their inside jacket/coat pockets are iPad Mini friendly. The Mini will fit in the outside pockets but that becomes somewhat unwieldily unless the front buttons or zipper are fastened.
  3. I_luv_Apple

I_luv_Apple iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Lol that's a great idea!
  4. AQ_OC

AQ_OC Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +430 / 0
    I won't be buying an Apple cover or case this time around. I will go third-party...and I will probably put a skin on the back. Only way to prevent scratches, even if you use a case.
  5. pommie82

pommie82 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Iam going to use a Smart Cover when i'am in the house.But when i'am out and about then i be using the Otterbox case for protection because when the next one comes out then i be selling it to buy the new one and i want the iPad mini to be without a mark on it so that i can sell it and get a good price for it.I have pre ordered my Otterbox case too should be here in a few weeks
  6. Alanfujii

Alanfujii iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey ClintE5, how is the quality of the Verona case? I looked up the case on Amazon and see that it's price is $14. That's seems very light for a quality leather case. Is it real leather?
  7. Elizellen

Elizellen iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +25 / 0
    If it is "vegan leather" it is probably made of plastic!